The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO Members Ordering The Mach-E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you've ordered a Mach-E please let us know.

I know of one original TMO member that ordered a Mach E GT yesterday. Any others?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
The first Ford Electric car was a collaboration between Henry and a guy named Thomas Edison in 1914. Never made it to production but if I could find one for as low as $500 (what they were looking to start selling them at back then), I think I'd step to the plate.

allison-ev-1920.jpg

The first Ford Electric car was a collaboration between Henry and a guy named Thomas Edison in 1914. Never made it to production but if I could find one for as low as $500 (what they were looking to start selling them at back then), I think I'd step to the plate.

View attachment 10732
Tyme, I know this is a black and white pic, but I know there's some Kona Blue in there somewhere.............................;)

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Why is Ford going SUV/crossover with the mustang name and why are we ok with this?

I'm not OK with it, but my opinion counts for zero with Ford. I think it's a disgrace, but they likely couldn't care a rat's ass what I think. Luckily, I have a real Mustang and given the direction they're moving it'll be the last one I ever buy. And as for why, I expect it's marketing wonks wanting to take advantage of the cachet of the Mustang name. Dumb. Really really dumb. IMHO.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I think this decision is based quite a bit on what we are seeing Worldwide and we have to remember the absolute horror this situation caused when Porsche decided to do an SUV. We now have Bentley , Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo , Jaguar , etc. with SUVs, and I think the Mustang named SUV portends a very similar future focus similar to Porsche. We sometimes forget we are driving the most popular Sports Coupe/ Sports Car in the World, and it has a legacy in places other than the United States that is iconic. With the idea of making Mustang it's own brand , Ford has to have more than one model, and if it means we drive the marquee car , similar to the 911 with Porsche, I am not having much of an issue with that. This guarantees that the key vehicle for a new Ford Branded Dealership system will be what we drive and the others will be the siblings. Sure the Cayenne outsells the 911 ten to one, but you say Porsche and you will think first and foremost , 911, and I see no difference if there is a Mustang Brand. You will think of our ride first and the others will tag along, while capturing sales that ensures the first born will never die!!

Bay Area
Why is Ford going SUV/crossover with the mustang name and why are we ok with this?

IMO it probably the same reason that Porsche, Lamborghini, Jaguar, Bentley, Alfa, etc just to name a few. The SUV market is HOT and thats most likely why Ford stopped making sedans in the US market for the time being. Even Soccer moms / dads want to look good, go fast, and haul the minions around. Plus who doesn't like a high HP grocery getter?

Oh and to answer to OP question. NO!! I am not getting a Mach-E I have two G wagens and I want another one. Im all about burning fossil fuels for the greater good of humanity. With my sense of humor, The faster we burn fossil fuels, the better it will be for the future generations since they will be on green energy. HAHA

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel