The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Vegans For All?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where Do I get a 1/2 lbs cheeseburger, Large Fries and a small diet coke at 8:00PM??
The tyme doesn't matter, it's the diet coke that's gonna save you!...Son went Vegan when he met his last GF. He and her have parted but He still lives the Vegan lifestyle.Not good for us at Thanksgiving, which we used to all enjoy together.In his mind Vegan is a very healthy way to live......I still prefer my steaks, Burgers and Pizza....old dogs are tough!!!

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I tell vegans that we are omnivores, the proof is in our teeth. We can and should eat some of everything. Ignore it at your peril. And don't try to indoctrinate me, I'm too damn old and set in my ways to change now and have no desire to anyway. I eat meat and plants, some of everything. My new lady friends' son is a rabid vegan who wants everyone to join him, he and I are not going to see eye to eye on that one.

Fart filters on cows, how can that be so hard to figure out? I see a great new fuel source in the making! Herbivores converting plant material to fuel sounds like a green thing to me.

I have no respect for Lewie and could care less what he thinks of anything. He has zero idea what the average persons' life is like these days and is just another rich hypocrite. Something like our "prime minister" up here who just got re-elected but was put on a very short string by the electorate. He is another huge fake environmentalist enjoying the jet lifestyle on my nickel.

JDee, Do I detect a little rant in your post somewhere?...I agree, Vegans should enjoy their lifestyle and leave the rest of us alone.My Son has never attempted to persuade me...He knows better!!!.....Burger King has the new plant based "Impossible" Whopper...ketchup on anything will make it taste better..............except Prime Rib...;)

The Impossible Whopper is quite good. Go try one.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Googled the new "Burger"

The Impossible Foods plant-based patty in the Impossible Whopper was drier than the regular beef patty in the regular Whopper. It also tasted less meaty, less savory, less juicy, and, overall, less tasty than the regular Whopper.Aug 20, 2019
May give it a try.

My son taught me Vegans take Vegetarians to a higher level...much higher..............Glad I'll still be able to enjoy my turkey this Thanksgiving .................does this make me a meat head....Archie Bunker is laughing ???????...no comments from the peanut gallery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
So now I read that the veggie people are all up in arms because Burger King cooks the Impossible Burger on the same grill as the meat burgers......Good Lord. I ate 16 beef burgers between April and October that I BBQ'd at home. I think I'm OK with that.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
So now I read that the veggie people are all up in arms because Burger King cooks the Impossible Burger on the same grill as the meat burgers
The trend I dislike the most is this. If you are different, have another way to do things, look different, OMG Vote differently you are just WRONG WRONG WRONG!
The ultimate irony is when this attitude comes from those claiming to be diverse.
After all, we still allow folks who traded their fords for Camaros to drop by this site...right?? :D Even if they are "Those People" now....LOL. Having standards for others which are Absolute, usually ends badly.

So now I read that the veggie people are all up in arms because Burger King cooks the Impossible Burger on the same grill as the meat burgers......Good Lord. I ate 16 beef burgers between April and October that I BBQ'd at home. I think I'm OK with that.
But you're not vegan. BK has a way to cook the Impossible burger patties separately from the beef, all vegans have to do is ask. But I don't think they advertise that in the commercials. :rolleyes:

The Impossible Burgers are very good if you get a chance to try one. It's not a typical "veggie" burger.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
With the scary state of fires in California and the constant shutdown of the electrical grids , one has to wonder in the future how folks will escape if there is no power to propel/charge their vehicles? There has to be a happy medium in all of this and a hybrid structure just makes more sense to me in the long run?

Vegetarian, vegan, whatever, I will be true to my friends and stay mainly a carnivore since I fart bad enough as it is. I can't imagine anyone would even talk to me if I went all plant based, aargh!?

TMO Supporting Vendors