The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Zaino products and Zaino Z8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi guys, I'm about to pull the trigger on the Zaino Ultimate Protection Show Kit. I have seen on here somewhere that a few of you guys use this and go right over top of the reflective decals on a 2013 Boss. I just wanted to confirm this as well if any of you have used the Z-CS on these decals as well. Lastly I was just wondering from those of you who use the Zaino line, do any of use the Z-8 as I have read a lot of people much prefer the Z-8 to the Z-6 for a deeper shine. I suppose to add another detail to this, the car is a PW so I'm not entirely sure that you would get the added "depth" as you would in a darker color. Any help you guys could provide me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have yet to wax my car but plan on using Ice Liquid as I've heard great things about the ease of use and results.

I read on another forum about guys using this for the reflective stripes. I bought a bottle and it really worked well. The decals really popped and look less faded out than before.
05316.jpg

Good suggestion, I will keep that on my mind as another solution for decal protection.

Thanks.

Calif boss302 said:
I have yet to wax my car but plan on using Ice Liquid as I've heard great things about the ease of use and results.

I read on another forum about guys using this for the reflective stripes. I bought a bottle and it really worked well. The decals really popped and look less faded out than before.
05316.jpg

Excellent, thanks for your input on the Zaino products Justin as I know you're one of the detailers here. What are your thoughts in regards to the z-8? Now if I could only figure out how you detailed a fox body in seconds :p Thanks again for the input everyone.

Justin said:
Not in that order but all have been over the decals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my kona blue car, I feel like the z8 does give a bit deeper appearance. I use z6 for regular wipe downs, and z8 before going somewhere that I expect people to look closely at the car.

No problems at all going over the stripes on my 2012 car.

I have there cs, but I do not prefer it.

My .02.

I have some of the old Zaino stuff that I bought but never used that I recently tried out on the Stang. To be honest I thought all the marketing was just internet hype until I recently compared waxing half my hood with the Zaino and the other half with a Carnuba. After the first wash I noticed that the water still beads up on the Zaino where as the rest of the car it didn't (I use a leaf-blower to dry my car). I guess I'll do the rest of the car with the Zaino and see how it turns out.

BOSSSTANG said:
I have some of the old Zaino stuff that I bought but never used that I recently tried out on the Stang. To be honest I thought all the marketing was just internet hype until I recently compared waxing half my hood with the Zaino and the other half with a Carnuba. After the first wash I noticed that the water still beads up on the Zaino where as the rest of the car it didn't (I use a leaf-blower to dry my car). I guess I'll do the rest of the car with the Zaino and see how it turns out.

Good to know it's not just internet hype (although with this site I can pretty make take the member's words for things). My order of Zaino should be showing up hopefully before having to put the ole' girl away for what I'm sure will be another painstakingly long winter.

I have heard great things about Zaino and was wondering those that have used it on the 2012 boss for swirls marks and etched water marks that may be from acid rain which have appeared on the hood decal. We had a rainy summer here in NC and went some time without washing and noticed this recently. I detailed it a while back with Pinnacle XMT series products followed by P21S carnauba wax so I was surprised once I saw this.

Thought about replacing hood decal but wasn't sure how much that would cost.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Use meguiars 205 and a light cutting pad (white Lake County ccs pad) and set to 4 on a random orbital like a flex or porter cable. 3-5lbs of pressure and just be careful on the hood Ridge. Should take them right out. Then seal it with zaino z5 or z2

Thanks so much for the information. I was wondering since I have never used Zaino what do you suggest I should buy for the complete detail on the paint. I saw this on the website for $89...http://www.zainostore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Z&Product_Code=ZKIT-1&Category_Code=prokits.

I have list of products now by Pinnacle,P21S,XMT 180,Zymol carbon and HD cleaner,mothers premium gold claybar and detailer as well as wolfgang claybar that give satisfactory results but always welcome others. Have you ever tried this...http://www.autogeek.net/3inch-lake-country-wool-ball.html

Thanks

TMO Supporting Vendors