The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Warning: Airbags Deployed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I hope this wasn't anyone here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_QQE3ohdY0

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Oh, that was such a hard hit, sorry to see these "loss of control" crashes, but a good reminder to all of us that racing of all types can be dangerous.

Another reason why I'm happy to have quit street racing.

Note: Even though I saw the brake lights come on as he crossed the line, it appeared as though he was under throttle into the wall. One thing for sure, from sitting in the drivers seat I'll bet this all happened in milliseconds.

Dave
302 Hi Pro

He had his foot pegged the whole time, the wheels were still spinning after the hit! And the fronts never stopped spinning after he started braking so he didn't brake very hard it seems.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Yes, he was on throttle until after impact.

As it was loaded on the flatbed the headlamps and windshield wipers were both on. The impact may have taken out the front fuse box and shorted out those circuits, or no one turned the ignition switch to the Off position.

I would think he very well may have totaled his Mustang.

OBTW, Where did this happen?

Be safe, as you never know what the other guy might do on the street.
302 Hi Pro

That's crazy. I thought he broke an axel until I noticed tire marks on both sides at the end of the video. I wonder if the throttle stuck? It seems like he could have gotten out of it before everything went so wrong.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I agree, I watched the video several times. You see the brake lights come on at the last second but the front end is still up like he is accelerating. Looks like the back wheels are still spinning too. Not sure what happened

I would hope that with the electronic throttle the car would have immediately shut down on sensing that the throttle body and gas pedal position sensors were not in agreement. If he was trying to stop then the front brakes should have locked up the tires enough to see on the video, no? It's hard to believe that he would not have been standing on the brakes, but it does not look like he was to me. No nose-dive, either. I think he panicked and froze.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel