The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Introducing "Project 6GR" Spun Forged wheels For S550 Mustang & GT350

Which Color Wheel Would You Prefer

• Gloss Black

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Matte Black

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Flat Graphite

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logo.png

4 Enthusiasts...By Enthusiasts

Happy Friday fellow enthusiasts. It is with great honor and privilege that we officially introduce Project 6GR's new design for 2018.
Respectfully the wheel is called Project 6GR - TEN. The Ten of course referring to wheel spoke design.

The Project 6GR 10-spoke design has been in development as a collaboration between our wheel designers and also fellow enthusiasts like yourself.
We have been paying close attention, listening, and taking notes very carefully to be able to deliver exactly what you have asked for.
The end result of this teamwork is this simple & clean 10 spoke design to make any Mustang stand out from the crowd. We would like to thank everyone that provided their suggestions, comments, and feedback.

The spokes extending to the edge of the barrel provide a "larger" overall diameter appearance and also aids in providing strength.
The larger openings in-between the ten spokes will allow for the maximum viability of the nice braking components equipped on the S550 platform, especially those nice Brembo brakes.

The best part is the fitment specifications will remain the same as the initial Seven and Five spoke design.
Meaning the same deep concave design and new badass look will be present on both the front and rear wheels.

The Shelby GT350 owners will have the R-spec option once more which uses 19x11 front and 19x11.5 rear with its super deep dual concave front and rear.

We are happy to show our Mustang 6G members the first products and renderings. We will be offer Pre-orders. The Project 6GR Ten will be available May-June!
Current 6GR owners will be getting special pricing.

We are also developing a B-spoke custom program where we will offer the wheels as raw. As a raw wheel you will be able custom select your offset, width, and finish with almost any color finish of your choice. :headbang:

Wheel Brand: Project 6GR Wheels
Wheel Model: TEN
Wheel Construction: Latest Spun Forged Technology (Rotary Forged)
Wheels Sizes Available :
Front: 19x10.0 / 20x10.0 & Rear 19x11.0 / 20x11.0
R-Spec Setup: Front 19x11.0 & Rear 19x11.5
Concave Profiles: Front Deep Concave | Rear Deep Concave
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3
Center Bore: 70.6(Hub Centric)
Standard Finish : Gloss Black | Satin Graphite | Satin Black
**Custom Finishes Upon Request **
Fitment Guide:
2005-2014 S197
2015-2018 S550
2015-2018 Shelby GT350/R

PM, Email or Call us for any questions you may have..

818-547-5474
Erick
[email protected]

Technical Specifications

Construction: Spun Forged technology
Available sizes: 19x10, 19x11, 19x11.5, 20x10, 20x11
Available Standard Finishes: Satin Black, Satin Graphite, and Gloss Black
-100% Compatible with Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
-100% Compatible with Factory OEM center cap
-100% Compatible with all factory braking system including Brembo both GT and Shelby GT350/R
Hub-centric design to ensure fitment just like the factory

project-6gr-10-spoke-thread-done-resized-01.jpg

project-6gr-10-spoke-thread-done-resized-02.jpg

project-6gr-10-spoke-thread-done-resized-03.jpg

project-6gr-10-spoke-thread-done-resized-04.jpg

Considering our close proximity to most aftermarket manufacturers,
we are able to correct any mistake and or “not so perfect” products in as little as one day before sending them on their way to you.
Since we are enthusiast ourselves, we know the feeling of anticipation and excitement that builds waiting for your parts to arrive.
Let us assure you that with our fast processing time, three stage inspection process,
and world-class packaging, you will receive your order
in a timely manner without any damages.

vendors-map-r3-01.jpg
We believe that the enthusiast passion should not be limited by any geographical location, which is why we provide worldwide
shipping services to ensure that your products reach your door step regardless where you are located.
With our 24-48 hour processing time on products in stock and multiple fulfillment warehouses, we are
able to have your order delivered to you as early 1-5 business days.

Just like “Power is nothing without Control”, we believe that speed is nothing without accuracy.
You will be happy to know that almost every single product passes through our three stage inspection process before being
sent on its way to you. In the first stage, one of our experienced warehouse team members inspects each and every
product entering our warehouse, a second inspection is completed during the mounting and balancing stage,
and a final inspection is conducted in the packaging and handling stage.

shipping-logos-02.jpg

DOMESTIC SHIPPING

The map below represents the time in transit for all our shipments being delivered in the continental United States.
Please keep in mind that our processing time is between 24 to 48 hours on products that are in-stock in our warehouse.

FedEx-Ground-map-03.jpg

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING

We offer worldwide shipping to almost every country in the world.
We work with the world's best shipping companies to ensure that your order get to you in a timely manner and in perfect condition.
You will be happy to know that we are always comparing shipping companies costs
to be able to provide you with the most competitive shipping rates.
Please contact our international customer service department at 1-818-547-5474 for rate
quotes and transit times to your specific location.

international-shipping-flags-r2-04.jpg

leaning_1_74974380795b4b675d78324a968120b550a8b9ba.pngnk_wrap_2_6260c587e8a368545e00915bff750558d4e64e63.png
80-box_3_5b98a174b044f7c7bf0d5198ca545089b6525bdc.png0-strap_2_182736eb4117850835d6e89367dd6f92f5688d30.png

How to Place Your Order

Phone Domestic: 1-818-476-6976

Phone International: 1-818-547-5474

E-mail: [email protected]

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.
We have over 70 years of combined experience and 13 years of hands on experience in the automotive industry.

Payment:

Credit/Debit Cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.

We can process your payment right over the phone and online on our website.

Paypal: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.

Bank Wire Transfer: We accept direct wire transfers to make it easy for you place order.
Please contact us so that we can email you more information & instructions.

Shipping:

All orders are shipped via FedEx Domestic and International.
If you are located in Hawaii, Alaska, or international, please e-mail, pm, or call us for the most competitive rates.

Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PST

Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Pacific PST

Our website is open 24 hours a day / 365 days a year!

Contact Information:

Direct Line: 1-818-476-6976

Phone: 1-888-714-7467 Toll-Free

Email: [email protected]

If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help you!

Last edited:
Hey everyone I wanted to let you know that cloud9, aka Gary, and I have been working with Paul to get these wheels produced. Please post up your intent for a pre-order ASAP. I know we've already gotten six sets sold. These are listed on Mustang 6G as well so between the two forums we should be able to get to the 40 sets for the R spec wheels.

I'm good for one set in a matte black but any of the colors listed would work for me.

Wheel cap part number:

F1758937-9A1E-4E84-AFB2-F2779E55ABB1_zpsfncvys2m.jpg

Valve stem and TPMS part number known as both TPMS39 and FR3Z1A189A:

DE7B8D31-DBEF-4166-B69C-ADC49175B88D_zpsoapa1jpp.jpg

Re: Introducing "Project 6GR" Spun Forged wheels For S550 Mustang & GT350

One set in gloss black would be my preference but any color listed would work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Curious if they are also considering an offering for us "Retro" Boss owners. LOL.

Maybe 10.5 or 11 X 18 wheel that can be uses square?

I like the look and have checked out their site. Looks good.

Curious which company manufactures this wheel. I searched Project 6GR on their site...no joy.

Thanks for letting us come in and present this wheel to the community Rick im honored and super excited. For us to lock the orders in a deposit will be needed. So either I can pm people interested or they can pm me or contact me directly whichever way their comfortable.

As for retro fitment for the S197 we are always open to expanding the fitment options for other Stang members and platforms as well. It all comes down to interest and being able to obtain the correct amount of orders to produce that specific fitment.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Very nice wheels and 25 lbs for a 20X11.0" wheel is pretty light.

However, Spun and Rotory sound like "cast" wheel manufacturing terminology.

Can you explain how you bring Spun and Forged together in one wheel?

For some reason I thought a Forged wheel would start off with a Billet piece of forged aluminum then machined tooled into the final wheel.

Thanks for sharing the manufacturing process of your wheels.

Dave
302 Hi Pro

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Also excited to hear about process and additional products!!

Rotary forging is not new. I visited the FN factory in SC during the early 90's. They were rotary forging gun barrels. Once forged the inside was finished and the outside only required machining for fitment of sights, suppressor and chamber. All very close tolerances and nice work.
Taking the next step and having a process which allows aluminum to be formed, draws through hammering is logical and should produce a strong wheel. I believe this is the same process that Enkei issues on the PF-01s. Several of us have abused these wheels with good results.
BTW, don't hit any 8" deep pot holes at 75 MPH, even the Enkei's bend just a little when this happens. Yes, I now have a gorgeous $300+ hose reel. :-[

Wow those tick the right boxes - light weight, great looks - and add me to the list of 'retro' Boss owners who want some in our fitment. The sizes you list are fine, Paul, but we would need a bit more offset to fit correctly on the '12/'13 Bosses (and '11-'14 Mustangs in general). I would request 20x10.5 ET45 for front and a 20x11 ET58 for rear (or even 19s in the same widths/offsets).

One question - roughly how much will these cost?

Thank you for helping out the Mustang community with these!

John

Austin
The price is too good to turn down. I'm in for a set of R-specs in gloss black.

Can you guys speak to the strength and durability of these?

Good Morning / Afternoon Guys,

I appreciate all the kind words and support, so first off Currently We will officially be bringing the Project 6GR out in the 20" and 19" fitment for the S550 platform ( EB to GT PP ). Second We are working to make the R spec version a reality as mentioned above. Once we do that I can focus on the "Retro" fitment if that is what we should call it haha and we can cater to the demand and fitment and finish that way as well. Its all a matter of time.

Now I appreciate everyone pming me back I have reached out and responded to you in getting the pre order process allocated for that.

Now for the process Spun Forged is a term used in the industry for a type of wheel build I guess.

The best way to explain is it is as following, the process starts with a type of low pressure cast wheel, so the wheel is made in a mold that's about 5" in width it is then transferred onto a machined which is called a Spun Forged machine and it heats the outer part of the wheel and uses two hot rollers to push the barrel and pull it down to the proper width and size. This equation of heat and pressure and the pulling and spinning makes the wheel very similar in strength to a forged wheel but without the crazy high pricing for a forged wheel, ( yes Enkei and Ray and Volk use this same technology for their wheels). Also another thing aloto of wheels that are OE for factory cars are produced using this same technology.

ChopSui said:
The price is too good to turn down. I'm in for a set of R-specs in gloss black.

Can you guys speak to the strength and durability of these?

Just shot you a pm brotha, I am very certain of them of course I mean if you launch the car off a ramp I dont anything will last, but other then that and or hitting a 8" pothole like one of the members said you will be fine.

The wheels will be JWL and VIA certified of course.

Need4SpeedMotors said:
The wheels will be JWL and VIA certified of course.
Paul, can you please post where and with what machinery the wheels are made?

So we now have 7 sets, any more takers?

cloud9 - 2 sets
Black Boss - 2 sets
Moto - 1 set
Chopsui - 1 set
VooDooBoss - 1 set

Looks like gloss black is winning out and I'm fine with that. I get that gloss black matches the stock R wheels. ;D

VooDooBOSS said:
Paul, can you please post where and with what machinery the wheels are made?

cloud9 - 2 sets
Black Boss - 2 sets
Moto - 1 set
Chopsui - 1 set
VooDooBoss - 1 set

Looks like gloss black is winning out and I'm fine with that. I get that gloss black matches the stock R wheels. ;D

Of course brotha

The wheels will be made in the manufacturing location in Tawian. The wheels are created by using a high power Spun Forge machined ( exact brand I dont know personally, location of manufacturing for the machine is in Germany) .

Yes sir most members seem to be ordering the Gloss Black

Just had the pleasure speaking to Nick and assisting him as well as Mike, Spoke to Gary he will be getting me some info I asked from him. Im speaking to Moto right now as well to get his setup and finalized. This is an amazing turn around and sign of support within 24 hours to have 7 orders allocated is a honor by all means.

With this support I believe we will definitely get the necessary amount of orders to make this a reality.

VooDooBOSS said:
Also the pricing for the S550 and GT350R fitments?

Of course

Promo pricing

19" S550 fitment $1550 + shipping

19" R spec GT350 $1650 + Shipping

20" S550 fitment $1680 + Shipping

These are promo deals and prices only valued until the first 15 orders for each after that pricing does change.

2012B2L

That Ford Guy
Ford Employee
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
VooDooBOSS said:

cloud9 - 2 sets
Black Boss - 2 sets
Moto - 1 set
Chopsui - 1 set
VooDooBoss - 1 set

Count me in for a set of R specs. Flat Graphite.

TMO Supporting Vendors