The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Put a battery tender on it for a long winter's nap. Not as easy as it should be. You have to pull three push pins from the cover to get at the battery. With the entire front end of the GT350 sealed off you're not going to want to drop anything if you ever want it back! Anyone know the reason for covering the battery this tightly? I assume it's for corrosion protection, but seems a little excessive.

20151127_132033_zpsa8gevnyi.jpg

Re: What did you do to your GT350 today?

I also measured brake caliper clearance to barrel. Looks like roughly 4-5mm clearance on the front and 5-6mm on the rear.

20151127_124140_zpscrqf0v7p.jpg

20151127_124409_zpszsfe9zvt.jpg

I also measured stud length from rotor hat. Not sure if we'll need the ARP long studs given it's 1-3/8" front compared to 3" on the R and 1-1/8" rear compared to 2" on the R, but I plan to install them anyway.

20151127_130524_zpsq8xmfdby.jpg

@Black Boss
@VooDooBOSS
@Need4SpeedMotors

That looks tight for 18" wheels. Another consideration is a 19" wheel should have a slightly larger contact patch than an 18" wheel. I'm sticking with the 19" N4S R spec wheels.

VooDooBOSS said:
That looks tight for 18" wheels. Another consideration is a 19" wheel should have a slightly larger contact patch than an 18" wheel. I'm sticking with the 19" N4S R spec wheels.
Me too 8)

Thanks for the measurements @cloud9

itll be close but itll fit, most likely well be able to use factory studs the R guys will need to use a open ended lug possibly or just their factory lugs as well since thats what I am gearing for them to use.

kona302 said:
Why not just plug the battery tender into the cigarette lighter. Works fine on my Boss?
Interesting. I only have the clips or direct bolt eyelets. Need a 12v plug adator for mine I guess?

I just stared at mine in the garage for a while. We have had some nice weather the last few days, but today it got crappy again. Maybe get a chance to take it out next weekend.

_M_ said:
I just stared at mine in the garage for a while. We have some nice weather the last few days, but today got crappy again. Maybe get a chance to take it out next weekend.
Nice to have light at the end of the tunnel 8) I'm just looking for small signs of hope like "only 23 more days to the shortest day of the year" :D

TymeSlayer said:
How sweet it must be! Congrats as we all know how difficult your wait seemed to be. Enjoy!

thanks. just posted a bunch of pics:
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10625.75

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

VoodooBOSS said:
Shopping!

As my mod lists grows I was looking at the Moroso coolant expansion tank. The stock one if fugly and I always wanted to install a Moroso on my Boss. Hopefully this fits the GT350.

https://lmr.com/item/MOR-63806/mustang-coolant-expansion-tank-moroso-stainless-1516-63806

s-l500.jpg

FUGLY??? You don't like the "Empty Plastic Milk Jug laid on its Side look?? Strange. LOL ;D

mattlqx said:
Ohai digital gauge.

IMG_0956.jpg
Is that similar to an Aeroforce gauge that plugs into OBD-II? What readings are you looking for that we don't get already? I have put digital gauges into all my previous Mustangs, but finally felt like Ford gave us adequate gauge info on the GT350.

TMO Supporting Vendors