The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Track Attack Program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Someone posted a photo of a GT350 and said there were at least 14 and maybe more at the dealership in Salt Lake City that are headed for Miller. I would assume these will be program cars for the GT350 version of Track Attack. Hopefully it's announced soon!

Rick said he's planning to organize a BMO day where we can all go play together. Hopefully this gets announced soon so we can start making travel plans 8)

Edit from VooDooBoss so this info is in the first post:

Here's a link to the original thread from BOSS Track Attack!

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=568.0

I received an update on this and it's looking good but I can't share any details yet. We should hear something official after the first of the year.

As for setting up a BMO group for the first or second week of the program this looks like a possibility. If you are interested in attending with the group please send VooDooBoss a PM with:

1. Your name
2. Your BMO ID
3. Your email address
4. Your cell number
5. Your full VIN
6. Will you attend the second day in a race car
7. Will you bring a driving guest

First come first served. The plan is to do a second day in the 302S/R race cars and they are ready to roll with almost 500 HP. You'll need to be flexible for a weekday event this Spring. In order to attend GT350 Track Attack at anytime you will need to have received your car or have your VIN and have it produced already. I will send a group email as info becomes available.

VooDooBoss

New post in other forum suggest these cars might be for sale pending new Miller track owners' direction. If attack program is on, count me in. 8)

C7 B8 said:
New post in other forum suggest these cars might be for sale pending new Miller track owners' direction. If attack program is on, count me in. 8)
Explains why there's no announcement yet, even though cars are shipping. I'm pretty sure we knew about Track Attack at the time I ook delivery on the Boss, but 5 years ago is a long time for my memory :) I had a very early car (March 2011) that shipped with the first units after the ok to buy was given back then. I know it was several months later before the program was underway though and I ended up going in April 2012.

mattlqx

Mustangless
If Ford wants to do a Track Attack program again, it's not like they can't find a new track to do it at. I'd be highly surprised if they just fold Ford Racing School. If for whatever reason they can't do it at the new Utah Motorsports Campus, they'll migrate elsewhere. The Miller's not re-upping has been known about for a long time, so it's not like they couldn't cancel the order if they had no use for close to a million dollars in cars. Am I too optimistic?

You're spot on. I was told it was looking good they just needed nail down the details once the new owners took over. We should hear something soon.

I received an update on this and it's looking good but I can't share any details yet. We should hear something official after the first of the year.

As for setting up a BMO group for the first or second week of the program this looks like a possibility. If you are interested in attending with the group please send me a PM immediately with your cell number, email address and your VIN if you have it. First come first served over the core group I've already spoken to and you know who you are. The plan is to do a second day in the 302S/R race cars and they are ready to roll with almost 500 HP. You'll need to be flexible for a weekday event this Spring. In order to attend GT350 Track Attack at anytime you will need to have received your car or have your VIN and have it produced already.

@Black Boss
@Moto
@cloud9
@fuhrius
@ChopSui

Oh and don't look for the GT350's seen in Utah to be sold. ;)

Austin
Just heard about this:

http://fox13now.com/2015/12/17/judge-in-tooele-vacates-sale-of-miller-motorsports-park-to-chinese-company/

mattlqx

Mustangless
Maybe the county will continue to operate the track while the dispute plays out. There's some overhead involved but if it brings people in, it's what's best for the county. Or they could just lease it out to Mitime rather than sale it maybe? They could also require X amount of funds to be put in escrow for development to complete the sale and be considered a winning bid.

There's so much room to be creative here. It's just another volley in the game.

VooDooBOSS said:
I received an update on this and it's GAME ON!

Staff should be back at the track next week and will try to get back to normal operations as quickly as possible. That includes scheduling GT350 Track Attack. Stay tuned.
Can't wait! 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors