The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2016 GT PP Lowering Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'd go with the Ford 1" drop springs. I've seen those and the Eibach -1.5" so far.

The car on the Ford springs also had the rest of the handling pack. Struts were pre-assembled with the springs, and included sway bars too. I'd go that way.

A neighbor of mine has a 2016 5.0 with the 1” lowering springs and the stance looks terrific.

We just put Steeda progressive sport springs on my son's '17. Lowers front slightly more than the Fords at 1.125" Rear 1". I think the stance is even more terrific with a hint of forward rake. Ride and handling are excellent.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
FP track kit is very good street/track @7/10ths compromise.

You will want camber plates, though, if you intend more than casual track use.

TMO Supporting Vendors