The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Man Down: Lost GT350's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry to start this so soon and not sure if this one is totaled but it could be the first.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/3wdtpm/_/

"Little story about something that broke my heart. Yesterday as I'm coming home from the doctors office I was driving on a main road heading to my pharmacy. I pull up to a red light and look over to see this older toyota camry with this chick in it buried in her phone texting. I shake my head and continue on with my drive. It is rush hour and can't help but think that this biznitch is going to cause an accident.

Next light, same chick with the texting problem. Light turns green and I go, she takes a few moments to go. Saw her one more time at a light like that. I then come up to the intersection where my pharmacy is and the light begins to change. I could have made it, but rush hour isn't the time to beat lights. Also there were people trying to turn left on the oncoming traffic side.

So I come to a stop, the SUV turning left starts to go, then stops. Out of flowering no where a car blows the light and hits the SUV head on. It's the texting girl. Not enough to be a full head on, hits driver corner to driver corner. The car bounces off the SUV at an angle and hits a car trying to turn right. It was the same dumb biznitch texting.

I call the cops, pull off into my pharmacy's parking lot, and go to the scene to wait for the cops to give my statement. There was a kid in the SUV. Banged his head up. Texter girl still hasn't gotten out of her now destroyed toyota. Didn't look like the airbag deployed. She was helped out and looked no worse for wear. Spoke with the guy that was trying to turn right. Got the front bumper ripped off and hood and corner panel smashed. He just got his car two days ago and was just coming home from getting his windows tinted.

His car? Brand new Mustang GT350. :( "

First reaction...NO WAY! Sad story but how ironic that you witnessed this accident? Yes texting is creating more problems than drinking. There are several apps that will shut the phone down at 5 mph, this should be on all cell phones.

Did you make a new buddy with the Shelby owner?

WARNING: Do not watch if you have a weak stomach!! I apologize for sharing this. :'(
https://youtu.be/DwFc9RJk17U

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I agree, use the brakes! The GT350 driver drove the car into the wall as well as getting squeezed. What were they thinking is right.

Dash cams are a good thing.
302 Hi Pro

I'm glad you stuck around to tell the cops about texter girl, I had 2 recent run is, one was on I75 north of Tampa, we were all running about 75 (in a 70) suddenly the lead car jumps out of the gas, everyone gets jumbled up, no where to go, but we all got it figured out. The jackass up front suddenly decided to start texting, I'm surprised he didn't get a beat down ,about every drive that went by him was honking and flipping him off, the guys was totally unaware of what he almost did to about 10 cars.
The second, was in the Shelby, taking my wife to dinner on V-day, downtown Tampa some guy in a new Caddy SUV whips it over in my lane, I move into the breakdown lane, running over all kinds of crap, then he realizes what he did and goes back into his lane. If that had been my pickup, I would've probably hit him since it doesn't react anyway near how the Shelby acts.
Being a firefighter for 32 years I';ve cut a lot of people out of cars, mostly from drunk drivers or people just being discourteous, now we have to deal with texting and "medical" marijuana...perfect.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel