The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brake Bleeder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone use a Motive brake bleeder when bleeding their brakes? I've used one w no issues for many many years. But, in 2015 Mustangs went to a threaded cap. Wondering if anyone can either tell my the thread size or what Motive adaptor fits?

Motive shows a 45mm threaded cap used mainly on Euro cars and some GMs...wonder if that is the same one I need. :(

http://www.motiveproducts.com

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
You might have to be the pioneer on the cap itself, but the Power Bleeder kit itself is very easy to use and I would definitely recommend it. I have a couple of the "Bleeder Buddy" bottles to catch fluid as well. Makes everything very easy.

StigsBaldBrother said:
It is the threaded adapter that fits GM. I just verified fitment of mine.

Do you have the Part number? I bought the GM kit and it didnt seem to fit.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
krt22 said:
Do you have the Part number? I bought the GM kit and it didnt seem to fit.

@krt22 this is the one I have: http://www.amazon.com/Bleeder-Adapter-Aluminum-Motive-1118/dp/B00JJ20RJO?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Motive 1118

I too am in search of the proper adapter for my Motive bleeder ... I looked at my cap today on the GT350 and it doesn't seem to be the one with three tabs. Just normal threads. Can anyone confirm that 3 tab adapter Motive 1118 fit the GT350 as well?

TMO Supporting Vendors