The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tire Installers for GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Post up contact information for any tire installers that have installed tires on the GT350R carbon fiber wheels successfully. Over time this will provide a list of trusted installers for R owners. @Black Boss what is the preferred tire installation equipment R owners should look for?

Business name:
Phone number:
Contact name:
VoodooBOSS said:
Post up contact information for any tire installers that have installed tires on the GT350R carbon fiber wheels successfully. Over time this will provide a list of trusted installers for R owners. @Black Boss what is the preferred tire installation equipment R owners should look for?

Business name:
Phone number:
Contact name:
I used Discount Tire -- They have a Hunter machine for mounting which I believe is the same machine that Ford used in development. 1 set of tires mounted with zero issues. Will likely get a second set changed next week...

They Recommend the Hunter Revolution Touchless mounter and for balancing they are not as specific but a proper Road Force balancer would be recommended.

So to be specific

Hunter Revolution mounter
Hunter Road Force Elite Balancer

To be specific its my shop actually

PK Auto Design
Phone# 818-408-6989
Address: 12473 Gladstone Ave.
Unit F
Sylmar, CA 91342

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I don't have these wheels but, I can certainly understand the concern. The key to success here is the equipment used by the shop doing your work. Avoid at all cost shops machines that requires the operator to use levers/bars in the tire dismount process.

Find a shop that uses Lever-less or fully automated tire service equipment. Hunter offers a few leverless machines like the "Revolution TM Tire Changer", and the "Auto 34S Tire Changer". These types of machines provide wheel protection during the dismount/mount process. Not all shops will invest $6-10k in a tire machine, so ask your shop about their equipment. Of course, an experienced Tire Technician is always a plus!

I've been lucky in that I have a great relationship with my Ford Dealer Service Department and have used leverless tire changer equipment for my Boss tire needs, and I can tell first hand that there is a world of difference in these machines.

Good luck and find a tire shop with the right equipment,
302 Hi Pro

Well here is my issue. I bought the GT350R and notice a blemish on one of the front wheels; My dealer got hold of their rep and with a phone call and pictures to the manufacturer of the wheel they said it was defective! New wheel came in at $3900 for warranty price. I have the old wheel and tire with less than 50 miles on it but the dealer wants someone else to swap the tire to the replacement wheel. This is the issue. I plan never to put these wheels back on my car due to the ride. they are horrible on the road so I bought wheels from LMR and they look great. the mounting is perfect and the deal of $1.570 shipped mounted with tires and TPMS sensors that work is a good deal. I will never take my car to the track. soon I will have some one mount the tire then they will just sit there until I sell. The tires I have on the LMR wheels are Coopers. Thanks for the information about the equipment to change the tire. The Discount Tire here has those so I will check with them...Thanks again.

carbon wheels...... keep them in the shed so when you sell the car you can give them to the new owner.
IMO there are a few items that should not be CF, wheels and driveshafts are chief among them. There's just too many issues with surface damage that can translate into catastrophic failure.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Add to that catastrophic Visa or Mastercharge bills to replace them costly CF Rims. In the Midwest , keep them in your basement instead of the shed, other than that I concur with Blacksmitty!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Erlanger, KY
RNR Tire Express
4512 Dixie Hwy, Erlanger, KY

They are a custom wheel shop. They have a touchless mounting unit and care about what they do. 2 sets of tires have been replaced and counting. Plus, when tires are sent from Tire Rack, it costs $25/tire to change, which is just under half the cost other shops quoted for 305/315 tires.

TMO Supporting Vendors