The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gt 350 oil consumption

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What kind of initial oil consumption, if any, is everyone experiencing with the new 350 engines? Have there been many dyno tests done by folks on the forum and if so would you share the results?

Did you get your car? We need photos. I'll check mine tomorrow but I haven't noticed any oil usage on the street yet. I drove mine over 500 miles last weekend so I'll see. I did use maybe 1/4 qt at my first track day. @Black Boss have you had any oil usage on track?

I'll get some photos soon. I picked up my TP 350 this past Monday in Chicago. I drove the car to Georgia on Wednesday. When I picked up the car it had 700 miles on it. I drove it about 800 miles home.
I checked the oil when I got home. It was just below the add mark on the stick. ??? I'll monitor it closely for a while.
I failed to check the oil when I picked up the car and know now I should have. With the exception of a flat left rear tire and rain, the trip home was really fun. I was unable to push the car due to the road conditions. Even though I have driven the car mostly on the freeway I can tell it drives much different than the way my 13 Boss drove. The roads are finally dry here in the N.GA. Mtns. It's time to hit the twisties and get a better feel for the car. So far low end torque is the main difference I have experienced between the two cars.
In the past couple of weeks I have had some bad luck with these cars. Nothing too terrible. Flat tires and unnecessary damage, poor communication, questionable dealership personnel, etc.
Now that all of those things are behind me it's time for some fun.

Mine is black with no stripes. I do like white with blue stripes. Very traditional. I think it would be cool for Ford to bring back Wimbleton white.
I am basically trying to stay "under the radar" with the black paint scheme. I hope! Speaking of radar, I need to buy a good detector. Any thoughts or preferences?

I changed my oil at 200 miles on my car. But I have made 6 dyno pulls. 100% bone stock on 93 Sunoco I pulled 454 RWHP / 370 RWTQ at Watson racing.
With ARH long tubes, stock mufflers and off road X pipe I pulled 484 RWHP / 389 RWTQ on a stock lean tune.
With ARH long tubes, stock mufflers and off road X pipes and a Lund that was also lean and lifting off the throttle at 6000 RPM I pulled 511 RWHP / 407 RWTQ the AFR at 6000 rpm was 14.02:1 All pulls were made on the same tank of 93 octane Sunoco and on watsons dyno with almost exactly the same weather conditions. Since my last dyno pulls I've revised the tuning and can tell a major difference with the added timing and fuel curvs. I have a drum of Sunoco 260 GT 100 octane I'll be running soon and back on watsons dyno. I'm hoping for 525-530 RWHP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel