The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

CCW Corsair Wheels Now Available in 19"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I always had my eyes on these for my Boss but never considered them for my 350 because they were only available in 18". Since Weld bought them out they have been expanding their wheel line and they are now available in 19" and should clear our big brakes. Check them out. The Phoenix Performance team used these for Grand Am and PWC.

@blacksheep-1

http://www.weldwheels.com/ccwheel/corsair/c10/

http://www.weldwheels.com/ccwheel/

c10-f31.jpg

DFW, TX
These wheels look intriguing since they are forged wheels, not flow formed. The N4S R-spec make me a little nervous for track duty. Plus, I don't like the lugnut situation and how they didn't follow the center hub design as faithfully as they might have.

I get the idea that there are perhaps overbuilt a bit so they may not be the absolute lightest. Some Forgelines would be nice, but they are a 50% premium over CCW.

sizes in 19x11",11.5",12"

I'm torn between a rotatable setup of 11's (or even try 11.5s as maybe with camber plates...) versus 19x11 front and possible 19x11.5" or 12" back with 305/325-30 tires. The new Michelin PSS S4 tires are coming in those sizes as well as others.

Are their any deals on CCW wheels or a they all direct?

DFW, TX
VoodooBOSS said:
The HRE FF15's weigh 23 lbs.

I talked to CCW and not all of their 19" wheels will clear the 350 brakes. They were suggesting one of their other wheels and not the ones I wanted. ::)

The FF15 have a lot of spokes to clean...

I haven't seen anything saying whether the FF01 will clear. These or some Forgestars might be ok and I think have similar pricing, but I'm holding out for something better.

Did they say which CCWs would clear ok?

You don't have to worry about the FF01's clearing because they do not make fitment for our cars in that wheel. ;) The Forgestars do fit but weigh in the 27 lbs range. I'm also not wild about the looks of the FF15, or cleaning that many spokes, but for a track wheel it's one of the lightest and less expensive options currently available. It has 5mm of clearance between the caliper and barrel of the wheel.

The CCW TS12 is the wheel they were suggesting to me.

http://www.weldwheels.com/ccwheel/corsair/ts12/

Re: CCW Corsair Wheels Now Available in 19"

To be clear, is it confirmed that the Corsairs will not clear the GT350 calipers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VoodooBOSS said:
You don't have to worry about the FF01's clearing because they do not make fitment for our cars in that wheel. ;) The Forgestars do fit but weigh in the 27 lbs range. I'm also not wild about the looks of the FF15, or cleaning that many spokes, but for a track wheel it's one of the lightest and less expensive options currently available. It has 5mm of clearance between the caliper and barrel of the wheel.

The CCW TS12 is the wheel they were suggesting to me.

http://www.weldwheels.com/ccwheel/corsair/ts12/

My Forgestar CF5v set is en route with offsets that are front and rear specific. They were weighed at Forgestar and are reported to be 25.4 lb front and 24.0 rear.

CSL said:
My Forgestar CF5v set is en route with offsets that are front and rear specific. They were weighed at Forgestar and are reported to be 25.4 lb front and 24.0 rear.
Nice. Let us know how much caliper to barrel clearance you have. Hopefully at least 5mm. I found the easiest way to measure that is to get an allen wrench and see what is the largest size you can get to fit in between the two.

I should clarify the Forgestar weight I quoted of 27 lbs is the CF5.

Just got the CF5v today. I apologize and don't want to derail this thread, but since it was posted here I'll just report on confirmed weights. I was pleasantly surprised with fronts weighing 24.9 and rears weighing 23.4....not too bad considering the cost and ratings the Forgestars have.

The car is sleeping for the winter so I'll report back in the spring with pics.

DFW, TX
CSL said:
Just got the CF5v today. I apologize and don't want to derail this thread, but since it was posted here I'll just report on confirmed weights. I was pleasantly surprised with fronts weighing 24.9 and rears weighing 23.4....not too bad considering the cost and ratings the Forgestars have.

The car is sleeping for the winter so I'll report back in the spring with pics.

What widths?

TMO Supporting Vendors