The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Is it just my perception or...is the Ford lemans effort

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seem to be draining the resources of the US racer? I'm not sure anyone has successfully purchased a race ready GT350R, and the only one I know of (I think) is the original Multimatic test car. Several people have built new GTs but I don't think they're MM cars. Then there seems to be a question of which class to run the GT350s, although..GT seems to be appropriate except there are as of yet no rules for it that I'm aware of.
The whole ACO/ Fia song and dance seems to be coming apart at Lemans right now, with regulations being changed by the day....IMSA and PWC rely (somewhat) on these balance of performance (BOP) regulations from europe...and IMO, GTS is a joke right now.
In the meantime, teams are soldering on with their BOSS 302 platforms and Chevy is due a new Camaro, next year...I'm wondering what gives.
It's not supposed to be this hard folks.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Yeah it does seem like there is little/no effort being put into the next club-racer/PWC Mustangs by Ford Performance. The only stuff I've seen so far are non-package parts from Watson and independent builds from KohR or others.

I noticed some of these things as well, though you put them much more succinctly.

One other point illustrating how strange this has been - Kohr, and maybe others, retrofitting Boss 302 engines into the S550 chassis. It's probably for a lot of reasons, but it just struck me as really odd.

The lack of a build like the 302S for the Boss isn't being done by Watson on the S550. Perhaps the business case wasn't there for it, but either way that really disappointed me.

Joey Hand is a great driver and a great personality, I've never heard anyone say a single thing bad about him, do you remember back in the Speedvision days when that BMW was travelling across the grass and went endo about five times and ended up in the middle of the track? That was Joey Hand and the car was run by John Vincent, a friend of mine..he's the crew guy in blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiZ9Wc1yh8s

That was a nasty one. Alexander Rossi, Kyle Larson and Joey grew up karting in the area and I raced against Joey when he was a young teenager. If Joey ends up on the podium the Sacramento media are going to go wild. I hope that happens. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel