The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Longer 14x1.5 ARP Wheels Studs for S550/GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Longer 14x1.5 ARP Wheels Studs for S550

Rick, did you find an open lug nut that jibes with the R spec narrow bore/seat?

@Moto has sourced the correct lug nut and I purchased one form my local NAPA Auto Parts to confirm that it fits. He found them on ebay at a reasonable price. I'm sure Ford Performance will have some available soon but these have a much larger seat/cone than the tuner luts I purchased from Summit. Dorman 611-257 is the part number. The one on the right is the correct one.

DC5ED098-D78D-4702-986B-0D8944C70F49_zpsny639wuu.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131779257931?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited by a moderator:
Austin

Is there a source for getting just these studs without the entire hub? I tried searching the ARP site with no luck.

In the V6L

VoodooBOSS said:
And the front hubs are now available.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1104-AB

I don't think those will fit a GT350 - they're for regular S550 Mustangs. The regular S550 front knuckles have a stub axle like the S197, and the hub bolts on with a center nut that goes on the end of the stub. The GT350's have a bolt-in hub (that looks like a rear hub off something else) with four mounting bolts to the front knuckle.

JAJ said:
I don't think those will fit a GT350 - they're for regular S550 Mustangs. The regular S550 front knuckles have a stub axle like the S197, and the hub bolts on with a center nut that goes on the end of the stub. The GT350's have a bolt-in hub (that looks like a rear hub off something else) with four mounting bolts to the front knuckle.
Yes that is correct. Good catch! These are for the S550 cars not the GT350 only at this time.

ChopSui said:
Is there a source for getting just these studs without the entire hub? I tried searching the ARP site with no luck.

I have them on my website, Mike at FP told me they would be added as a service item eventually. Last we spoke they were still waiting on units to be made. ARP is offering two lengths, but IMO have priced them out of the Mustang Market. We have spoken to and received quotes to have studs made, by someone else, not knocking ARP at all but better processes and materials exist and they can be brought to market for much less while we enjoy a large profit. The ARP 14mm are about 4 times more expensive than the 1/2" that we currently modify and offer as a kit. I just have too much product development going on for the S550 to tie up 150 complete cars worth of wheel studs to then market, pay for independent lab testing to prove we have a better product. The platform is world wide so the numbers are getting there quickly to justify it. Im just not there yet. We sell a ton of the 1/2" ARP kits (to the point where we have trouble sourcing them) and our 14mm mid length stud is very popular for guys that run up to 8mm spacers. The factory stud length on the regular S550 is the minimum length without any spacer. If you install an open lugnut on the stock stud with no spacers the stud sits flush to the nut.

ARP told me Sept.

Austin

tim said:
I have them on my website, Mike at FP told me they would be added as a service item eventually. Last we spoke they were still waiting on units to be made. ARP is offering two lengths, but IMO have priced them out of the Mustang Market. We have spoken to and received quotes to have studs made, by someone else, not knocking ARP at all but better processes and materials exist and they can be brought to market for much less while we enjoy a large profit. The ARP 14mm are about 4 times more expensive than the 1/2" that we currently modify and offer as a kit. I just have too much product development going on for the S550 to tie up 150 complete cars worth of wheel studs to then market, pay for independent lab testing to prove we have a better product. The platform is world wide so the numbers are getting there quickly to justify it. Im just not there yet. We sell a ton of the 1/2" ARP kits (to the point where we have trouble sourcing them) and our 14mm mid length stud is very popular for guys that run up to 8mm spacers. The factory stud length on the regular S550 is the minimum length without any spacer. If you install an open lugnut on the stock stud with no spacers the stud sits flush to the nut.

ARP told me Sept.

Awesome, thanks! How does the shorter ARP length compare to stock? I'm not running spacers so I just want a bit more length than stock to keep the nuts from sitting flush on the rears.

Re: Longer 14x1.5 ARP Wheels Studs for S550 **Update**

VoodooBOSS said:
The ARP FP rear studs are now available separately. 14mm x 1.5 but not cheap.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1107-C

And finally the FP open lug nuts are available. I'll order some so see if they fit the N4SM wheels.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1012-N

OK maybe the ARP ones are not priced so bad after all.

http://www.opmustang.com/store/p99/ARP_14MM_Extended_Length_Stud_5_Pack_2015__Mustang.html

ChopSui said:
Awesome, thanks! How does the shorter ARP length compare to stock? I'm not running spacers so I just want a bit more length than stock to keep the nuts from sitting flush on the rears.

Is is a safety issue to have the open nuts sitting flush with the factory GT350 studs for tracking? I'm running around now trying to source the Dorman open nuts before my first track day in the GT350 next week, but I don't have time to do anything with the studs too.

AMPowerJ said:
Is is a safety issue to have the open nuts sitting flush with the factory GT350 studs for tracking? I'm running around now trying to source the Dorman open nuts before my first track day in the GT350 next week, but I don't have time to do anything with the studs too.
Youll be fine. Even though mine are flush they have one more revolution than the stock lugs.

VoodooBOSS said:
Tim, any idea when the front ARP studs will be available? I'd like to order a set.
@ChopSui
@VoodooBOSS
Mike and Rick: When the manufacturer say's he's gonna call you back and sends an email instead....

"As right now manufacturing has the ETA around the end of September" - My guy at ARP as of today.

I'm re-looking at just having them made elsewhere, again. This isn't rocket science, it's bar stock and dies and there are additional steps that make a better fastener for less. ARP did a small initial run a month or so ago (For Ford Racing Qualification I presume) yet Ford Racing I don't think actually has any yet. I have had both lengths on order and was told I will recieve them first. Which I take to mean after they fill Fords Order QTY first. Can you sense my lack of enthusiasm?

@AMPowerJ I ordered an R wheel stud I should have Friday to measure myself and re-confirm they are all dimensionally the same on the S550/Shelby's except for length. I have accumulated a box of S550 take offs building hubs.

VoodooBOSS said:
@tim any update on the ETA for the longer studs?

I wil call them, but thinking end of Sept. is still valid. I actually got an email from 'someone' at FR to let me know they released them. FR follow up was impressive, this was a ramdom conversation several months ago. I believe FR and I will share first shipments from ARP. We would have had them on B/O the longest.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel