The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Changing diff oil in 2016 with Torsen limited slip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I need to change the diff oil in my GT (I run track days and want to put in Royal Purple). Don't have a manual on the car. It appears that the fill plug is on the back (instead of on the front like in earlier Mustangs) and I would need to fill it to just below the fill plug. Is there anything that I am missing here?

Many thanks!

<TED>

Grant 302 said:
^Agreed. Look for the plug on the front left. Plugs on the back are likely for the cooler lines and will either grossly over/under fill.

Thanks! I'll check the front. The plug on the back looked like it would grossly under fill which is one of the reasons that I asked the question.

<TED>

voodoo child21 said:
1.56 quarts is the fill amount. There is no front plug on the IRS super 8.8. Top plug is fill location on rear cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I got my shop manual today and that is exactly what it shows!

<TED>

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel