The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GLOC R16 Pads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone have experience with GLOC R16 pads on a GT350, primarily how's the initial bite? The pad description says "extremely aggressive initial bite" so I'm a little concerned it might be easy to overwhelm the front tires when I first get on the brakes (since I'll be on the stock PSSs).

R12's may be a better option for you if you have been on OE pads. R16's can be used with street-ish tires but it may be more than you bargained for. #ICEmode unless you change your initial braking pressure. A lot depends on the driver, style and experience level as well as the braking required. R12's have been very popular for guys moving away from OE's. And you won't like R16's on the street ;) That said some have opted for the R16's and had good success. We encourage a more conservative approach and you can always move up. R12's may have been successfully bedded on and driven on the street to the track before...R16's should really be done in the first session to get the most out of them.

Completely different car but I ran R10's for three days on my '15 GT and they overwhelmed my tire and suspension at Daytona so I had to brake longer to keep from upsetting the car too much. Shelby's have better everything so R12's are recommended. R16's if you find you need that much brake. Lots of variables in that statement.

TMO Supporting Vendors