The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Forgestar CF5V

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I picked up a set of these in 19x11 with offsets +25 f and +56 r. Sorry if this is redundant for those on 6G, but I just wanted to share the info with all the track junkies over here. My goal was to get a wheel with decent caliper/barrel clearance. I measured and they are 6+mm, which is far more than the R specs these will replace for the track. The clearance on my R specs was minimal and I got some scuffing on the caliper and barrel from debris. Fronts weigh 24.9 and rears weigh 23.4. Here are pics of the clearance when I test fit them. Once I get my tires mounted and get them on the car I will post more pics.

IMG_0647_1.jpg

IMG_0648_2.jpg

IMG_0650_2.jpg

IMG_0656%202_1.jpg

mattlqx

Mustangless
I talked to N4SM about getting a set of CF5Vs in 19x11 +40mm offset to run square and be able to rotate back and forth and Forgestar said they can't do that offset, which makes me sad because I do really like these wheels. I ran a set on my Boss 302 for the track.

mattlqx said:
I talked to N4SM about getting a set of CF5Vs in 19x11 +40mm offset to run square and be able to rotate back and forth and Forgestar said that can't do that offset, which makes me sad because I do really like these wheels. I ran a set on my Boss 302 for the track.

That's weird because we do a a lot of Forgestar Shelby setups and we can have the produced in any fitment we desire. That being said we normally do a ET 50 and have the front studs setup with 3" ARP studs and a custom CNC hubcentric spacer so that it can be rotated, thus allowing proper front clearance and a good track setup.

We are actually doing a few sets of CF5V models for some Shelby owners to be exact right now in production. So I assure you they can work.

If you need info and or advise let me know im always willing to help out.

The weather up here has been terrible. It will be about another month before I get these rolling on the car. My first track day will be mid-April.

I'm just north of Seattle. I run most of my track days at The Ridge or Pacific Raceways. You should come up to do the Mustang Round Up track day this year.....I'll be the track sheriff for that event :cool:
I’m just south of Seattle and run at the same tracks. I just sent you a PM asking for more info and pics on the Forgestars. Paul, I might hit up for info soon also once I decide on a wheel

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel