The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO Welcomes APEX Race Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APEX-webstore-header-logo-03.png

I'm very pleased to announce our newest vendor APEX Race Parts. For those that are not familiar with APEX they've been making wheels for BMW's for the past decade and have been making wheels for Mustangs for almost three years. Their wheels have an excellent reputation and present a tremendous value to the auto enthusiast. When I go to the tracks in Northern California I always see their wheels on BMW's, street, track or race prepped, and several TMO members currently run their wheels on their Mustangs including @Yopauly and @Fabman . Even my neighbor has APEX wheels on his M3.

The really big news is APEX if finalizing design details to bring a 18x10.5" and 18x11" S197/S550 fitment wheel to market! This wheel will clear the 2015+ performance pack Brembo brake package. We've all been looking for an affordable 18x11 wheel for some time and it's about to happen. All APEX wheels are hub centric, no centering rings needed, and designed to work with your stock Mustang center caps. No tuner lug nuts are needed either as their wheels are designed with large openings so you can use your race wheel studs with full size open lug nuts.

Once they get the wider 18" wheels to market they will look at 19x11" and 19x10.5" wheels for GT350/S550 fitment. Their goal is to bring their same quality and value in a wheel that can be used on the GT350 and clear the massive brakes. Sign me up now!

APEX gave TMO members a nice compliment by specifically targeting our community knowing that we'd provide the best feedback for track testing their new wheels. 8) Look for their ad on the right side of the web page in the next few days.

You can read more about APEX wheels for your Mustang below and please leave a comment.

https://www.apexraceparts.com/mustang-wheel-introduction

For specific Mustang fitment click the link below.

https://www.apexraceparts.com/shop-by-vehicle/mustang.html

@APEX Race Parts

32595609706_20865a6aa4_h.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
VoodooBOSS said:
APEX-webstore-header-logo-03.png

I'm very pleased to announce our newest vendor APEX Race Parts. For those that are not familiar with APEX they've been making wheels for BMW's for the past decade and have been making wheels for Mustangs for almost three years. Their wheels have an excellent reputation and present a tremendous value to the auto enthusiast. When I go to the tracks in Northern California I always see their wheels on BMW's, street, track or race prepped, and several TMO members currently run their wheels on their Mustangs including @Yopauly and @Fabman . Even my neighbor has APEX wheels on his M3.

The really big news is APEX if finalizing design details to bring a 18x10.5" and 18x11" S197/S550 fitment wheel to market! This wheel will clear the 2015+ performance pack Brembo brake package. We've all been looking for an affordable 18x11 wheel for some time and it's about to happen. All APEX wheels are hub centric, no centering rings needed, and designed to work with your stock Mustang center caps. No tuner lug nuts are needed either as their wheels are designed with large openings so you can use your race wheel studs with full size open lug nuts.

Once they get the wider 18" wheels to market they will look at 19x11" and 19x10.5" wheels for GT350/S550 fitment. Their goal is to bring their same quality and value in a wheel that can be used on the GT350 and clear the massive brakes. Sign me up now!

APEX gave TMO members a nice compliment by specifically targeting our community knowing that we'd provide the best feedback for track testing their new wheels. 8) Look for their ad on the right side of the web page in the next few days.

You can read more about APEX wheels for your Mustang below and please leave a comment.

https://www.apexraceparts.com/mustang-wheel-introduction

For specific Mustang fitment click the link below.

https://www.apexraceparts.com/shop-by-vehicle/mustang.html

@APEX Race Parts

32595609706_20865a6aa4_h.jpg
Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Fabman said:
Yay!

Busy watching s movie...

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Fabman said:
Busy watching s movie...

How bout a cute little redhead?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
VoodooBOSS said:
I think that's on another forum. ::)
Damn

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So, what's the timing on these?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What ever happened to the SM-10 wheels? I thought I saw them on pre-sale for the BMW obviously since that is their bread and butter, but any word if we are we going to see something like that in Mustang offsets? I like the EC-7's and am looking at getting some in the group buy, but a design that isn't on about 70% of late model Mustangs would be nice.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I am interested in a set of 18x11 for S197 provided they are rotatable front to rear (w/ a spacer) and depending on wheel styles. Looking forward to seeing what they have to offer! :)

Sean said:
What ever happened to the SM-10 wheels? I thought I saw them on pre-sale for the BMW obviously since that is their bread and butter, but any word if we are we going to see something like that in Mustang offsets? I like the EC-7's and am looking at getting some in the group buy, but a design that isn't on about 70% of late model Mustangs would be nice.
I'm pretty sure that's coming to Mustang fitment too and I like that style. That wheel has their largest caliper clearance.

https://www.apexraceparts.com/wheels/sm-10-wheels/18x8-5-et35-apex-sm-10-wheel.html

1170-SM10-Angle3-satinblack.png

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
VoodooBOSS said:
I'm pretty sure that's coming to Mustang fitment too and I like that style. That wheel has their largest caliper clearance.

https://www.apexraceparts.com/wheels/sm-10-wheels/18x8-5-et35-apex-sm-10-wheel.html

1170-SM10-Angle3-satinblack.png
I much prefer the EC7 but at this point I'll take whatever they make....JUST HURRY UP AND MAKE IT!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Utah
To me the Apex news is... ...bad timing. But of course we do not know the projected or exact time when the Apex EC7 in 18x11 will be available. Right?

Bad timing...why? Because I just bought a set of Forgestar F14 in 18x11 same offset, rotate-able with a front spacer and I prefer the looks of the Apex EC7 wheel...grrrr.

zajac

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
zajac said:
To me the Apex news is... ...bad timing. But of course we do not know the projected or exact time when the Apex EC7 in 18x11 will be available. Right?

Bad timing...why? Because I just bought a set of Forgestar F14 in 18x11 same offset, rotate-able with a front spacer and I prefer the looks of the Apex EC7 wheel...grrrr.

zajac
a lot of people have, and if they drag their feet again more people will do the same. I've been waiting for a year to get more wheels and still none. I was right in the middle of ordering a set of forgestars when this news came out....I'd rather have these but I'm not waiting all season again.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
VoodooBOSS said:

https://www.apexraceparts.com/media/feedback/SM10/1170-SM10-Angle3-satinblack.png[/mg]
[/quote]

Oh I like the style of that one :)

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Appreciate the introduction Rick, and to say that I am excited about diving into this platform would be an understatement. The persistent correspondence from S197 and S550 enthusiasts over the last two years has really ignited a flame for us, and the APEX team is looking forward to providing the community with quality solutions. We have a few threads going at this point, so I will save the spiel.

Thanks for having us aboard 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors