The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda's new S197 bolt in jacking rails fit on the Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I thought the members of TMO might be interested in this information....and no, I'm not an employee of Steeda...just a Boss 302 owner who is always interested in new parts that would make working on our cars easier and more enjoyable.

When Steeda announced a new set of jacking rails for the S197 platform I asked if they would fit on the Boss 302 with the factory side exhaust (on another forum). Steeda responded on the forum that they didn't know as they had not attempted a test fit on the Boss 302. During subsequent conversations with Steeda, specifically Tim and Frank I was sent a set of the new jacking rails to determine if they would fit or not.

Upon receiving the jacking rails I found the quality and construction of the jacking rails was excellent....its almost a shame they will be under the car and not seen by anyone. I installed the jacking rails this morning on my 2013 Boss 302 without any problems and didn't have to do anything other than what was shown in the instructions. The rails fit tight to the underside of the car and will make it much easier to jack up. The question was would there be any interference with the Boss side exhaust. There is no interference and the rear of the rails bolt into the existing holes that are already threaded from the factory. These holes are about even with the rear of the doors and are at least 12" away from the mounting point of the side exhaust. These are the same holes that were used for reference for those of us who purchased bolt on jacking plates from another TMO member.

I want to thank both Tim and Frank for making this possible....as those of us with a Boss 302 know, the rear jacking point is right where the side exhaust exits and causes a few problems when jacking the car up...these rails address that issue perfectly.

jacking%20rails.jpg.html

Here is a link to the picture in photobucket....if it works right. I've never posted a photo on the forum before and I didn't see a simple attachment method.

Well clearly that didn't work....so if someone could help the computer challenged (myself) with posting a photo I would be more than happy to

Edit: deleted link as it was bringing up spam.

Ok....I'm persistent if nothing else I guess.....this link works and will show the relationship between the rails and the side exhaust....hope this helps

Not sure what happened....the link was to a photo in photo bucket....it was working, my apologies. If someone can explain how to just attach or post a photo I'll try again.

VUnKPnm.jpg

Again....with a little persistence I think I figured it out....and of course reading on the forums where it explains how to post pictures helped...thank you !!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel