The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Order Banks Are Open! Order Guide and Pricing Inside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: GT350 Order Banks Are Open!

mine's in. as a 2015. unlikely to get a 2015 so I suspect they'll just roll over. R / Avalanche / black stripes and a cover.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

fuhrius said:
mine's in. as a 2015. unlikely to get a 2015 so I suspect they'll just roll over. R / Avalanche / black stripes and a cover.

Outstanding.

I don't really understand...contacted 3 dealers. One says they know only their allocation and to come back in July, one says they can put an order in but when they go to submit it still has a hold, another says there is nothing...none of them say anything about prices.

Bad dealer? Asking wrong questions? I'm new to Ford and ordering a car...I've given up for the day...will try other dealers tomorrow I guess. Anyone have any tips?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

Backorder said:
I don't really understand...contacted 3 dealers. One says they know only their allocation and to come back in July, one says they can put an order in but when they go to submit it still has a hold, another says there is nothing...none of them say anything about prices.

Bad dealer? Asking wrong questions? I'm new to Ford and ordering a car...I've given up for the day...will try other dealers tomorrow I guess. Anyone have any tips?

With only 137 being produced in 2015. The dealers you have talked to may be working on 2016 allocations.

Well and that's what I'm asking about is 2016. I figure the 15s are untouchable. Maybe those that have ordered are at dealers getting 15s and the 16 order banks aren't open yet?

Unfortunately this is typical and similar to what happened with the Bosses. You are much more focused on the GT350 than most dealers. Most only got a couple allocations and won't spend a lot of time understanding every tid bit of info on the car. Keep calling and be sure to have a copy of the order sheets you can forward to them. ;) Also remember the order banks opened on Friday, the day before a long holiday weekend and they may not be fully caught up on their emails/info.

GT350 Order Banks Are Open!

Was it 15 order banks or 16?

Who is the best person at a dealership to talk to? Is sales manager right? Or should I try someone else?

My two dealers just called to confirm ordering is open and they are working on bidding/pricing on their 2016 allocations.

I just got a call from my dealer...allocations have, in fact, been communicated to dealers for the 16's. I'm surprised by how few were allocated. I suspect that's an 'initial' allocation and not a full-year allocation.

Backorder - to answer your question about with whom you should speak at the dealership...the higher the better. If you can talk to the 'dealer,' that's best. General Manager next, GSM if they have one...sales manager after that.

Thanks! I'll call one more today. I just feel that with all this run around I'm already behind the curve.

jas427

BOSS LS #469

My dealer is sure the banks are not live yet. But other dealers are stating this to get deposits started. This new Shelby has so many options it is in fact 5 different cars. Because of this Ford has sent out a video explaining how to sell this car. The dealers can't order one of these and expect the right customer to show up and buy it. The video is all about the buyer ordering the car he wants. I know for a fact everyone wants their own car. Two of my friends and I have given deposits and our option list. Three orders three totally different cars. Good Luck to All ordering their new Shelbys

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT

Can't wait to see some at the track. To the guys ordering, keeping the bosses too?

DMichaels said:
Can't wait to see some at the track. To the guys ordering, keeping the bosses too?

I will not be keeping my boss, most likely. I've modded mine for spirited street use and cosmetics / personalization, but I did not go the extra mile to build it into a durable and dependable track car. I anticipate doing that with the gt350. If I have space / budget / etc for a stablemate for the gt350, I will likely be looking to get a focus rs.

Too bad, really...as I love my boss.

Backorder said:
Thanks! I'll call one more today. I just feel that with all this run around I'm already behind the curve.

Backorder, ping me via PM if you're still having trouble finding a dealer to work with you. I can connect you with a dealer / friend close to where I am in CA if that helps...they may have all of their initial allocation spoken for but I don't know. (I know one is taken ;-)

TMO Supporting Vendors