The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Quick Install Boss 302S PCV Delete/Oil Separator/Breather For You Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For more info please read here:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4593.0

Last year I installed the Boss 302S and R style breather can on my Boss. I first bought one of the many different brands of oil separators sold. While these work they still do not catch all the oil that will sucked into your intake, not a good thing. After talking with race teams I decided to copy the race can version of this PVC delete. It does not require a tune and the only side effects of doing this kit will be extra HP :D and no (zero) oil getting sucked into the intake.

Since that time many others have installed the setup and improved on it. Now with the idea of a bracket that hangs from the firewall this can be added to your car in minutes with no drilling or cutting. This can also be undone in minutes to take the car to inspection because you still retain all factory parts. I can put together a complete kit but need at least 10 people interested to make this worth while.

Please read and reply here:
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=880.msg67774#msg67774

Some pics of a setup with the new bracket and pics of Rick's Boss for an idea of what this looks like.
IMG_2024_zpsb91cd962.jpg
d502970e-fb36-4da7-89f7-ad3b68756a8a_zps67cb4297.jpg
53d04e34-8c9d-4c99-b4c9-d7b2c530bd09_zpsba2b752d.jpg
IMG_2032_zpsc0feb852.jpg
IMG_2035_zps8e281b48.jpg

Re: Quick Install Boss 302S PCV Delete/Oil Separator/ Breather For You Boss

I'm definitely in; drilling the firewall was the only thing holding me back from adding this catch can.

did you consider just doing the bracket instead of a kit? might get people on board faster.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas

I am interested in the braided lines...I already have the Steeda aluminum catch can but I would definitely be interested in the braided lines and mounting brackets if it doesn't require any drilling.

Edit: I would like everything minus the catch can as I already have that. I should be able to attach the braided lines directly to my Steeda can right?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Count me in (assuming we're talking about the whole kit including the bracket).

ArizonaGT said:
Count me in (assuming we're talking about the whole kit including the bracket).
x2....i want one

I am interested as well depending on price. I like the convenience of the JLT so I was wondering since the can will need emptying quite often how accessible is it?

No price at the moment, please read the thread in How-To for now.

badasbullitt said:
I am interested as well depending on price. I like the convenience of the JLT so I was wondering since the can will need emptying quite often how accessible is it?

It is very easy to clean, I have had mine in for over a year. Checked it after the first weekend out then a year later, very little oil in there. https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=880.msg61966#msg61966

The title is misleading here, it is not an oil separator, I just put that because that is what many people call it. It is a vent or AKA breather. The idea is to vent the system and not to catch oil, installed correctly that is exactly what it does.

There is a lot of great info in the How-To thread about this set-up.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

captdistraction said:
If he's in, I might as well be in #copycat

CUhIYhL.gif

zzyzx

Steve

Interested, also.

F.D. Sako said:
did you consider just doing the bracket instead of a kit? might get people on board faster.

No, I am really not interested in volume on these. I had a couple of people ask if I make a complete setup before, with the bracket it makes better sense. So I am just doing this to help out people that want this but normally do not work on their own cars. I don't plan on this being a long term project.

Flyboygsxr said:
I am interested in the braided lines...I already have the Steeda aluminum catch can but I would definitely be interested in the braided lines and mounting brackets if it doesn't require any drilling.

Edit: I would like everything minus the catch can as I already have that. I should be able to attach the braided lines directly to my Steeda can right?

I doubt it, the fitting for the breather are 12AN, the little separators are much smaller. I'm not a business so I plan to put together a complete kit all the same - you know one size fits all. Best to ask a local shop about making the lines up special for you, they would have your car in front of them to cut the hoses correctly. Sorry I'm just trying to keep it simple.

YellowBoss said:
No price at the moment, please read the thread in How-To for now.

It is very easy to clean, I have had mine in for over a year. Checked it after the first weekend out then a year later, very little oil in there. https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=880.msg61966#msg61966

The title is misleading here, it is not an oil separator, I just put that because that is what many people call it. It is a vent or AKA breather. The idea is to vent the system and not to catch oil, installed correctly that is exactly what it does.

There is a lot of great info in the How-To thread about this set-up.

So the purpose of this is to help with venting and not for catching oil,gas,etc. Is that the difference between the JLT and this one? I am just curious if I will see less oil than what I am use to seeing with the JLT setup.

badasbullitt said:
So the purpose of this is to help with venting and not for catching oil,gas,etc. Is that the difference between the JLT and this one? I am just curious if I will see less oil than what I am use to seeing with the JLT setup.
That's true to some extent but it doesn't need to catch oil (although it does) because it bypasses the intake.

TMO Supporting Vendors