The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mobil 1 On Sale This Month

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaGT said:
Sounds like I am buying 20 quarts from NAPA soon...

Me too. For a while you couldn't get Mobil 1 Syn ATF in CA so when it became available again I bought a bunch every time I saw it. I now have 40 QTs and don't even own an automatic. :eek:

Truck uses it in the 6 speed, the transfer case, and the power steering. 8)

I just purchased 12 quarts of 5W/50 today from local Napa dealer for $ 5.99 ea as I indicated in original post. They indicated would be on sale balance of this month.

Booya. Just reserved 20 quarts. It says on the home page add that 5w50 is not included but link below has it for $5.99. :D

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=MOR106035_0006406863

Georgia
ms71171 said:
Booya. Just reserved 20 quarts. It says on the home page add that 5w50 is not included but link below has it for $5.99. :D

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=MOR106035_0006406863

Yep, I just did the same thing... thanks for the heads up! :)

I use Mobile 1 or Castrol, whichever one I find on sale. As far as meeting the ford spec, that's a personal choice, as the Ford spec has lower zinc to protect the cats. But zinc provides excellent bearing and valve train wear protection. So zinc is it in my Boss; cats replacement is much cheaper than an engine replacement. Just my .02!

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Just bought 9 quarts (all they had at one store close to me) and I will pick up another 9 tomorrow I think! Got the $5.99 pricing, great deal.

Regarding meeting ford spec, in the 2014 Mustang owners manual M1 5w50 meets the ford spec of API SN... Interesting wording change from the 2013 owners manual

TMO Supporting Vendors