The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

PP, MP & TT Car Info?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Re: PP, MP & TT Car listing?

Please tell us a bit about the TT Boss, just in general terms as I'm sure you don't want to disclose too much information at this point.

I have seen MP and PP units, but I have not even read anything about a TT code Boss. As in intake manifold plate for the Boss build number and VIN.

Can you tell me about the TT code Boss production and perhaps the purpose why Ford built the TT units?

I always think about "Twin Turbo" models when I see a TT designation. Thanks in advance for the information.

All the Best, and good luck with your Boss TT quest.

302 Hi Pro

There is some info in the Registry forum but you'll have to hunt for it. Why do you want to buy it? There are plenty of other cars available that still have a warranty on the engine and trans.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?board=17.0

All new models of every vehicle line have a process to ramp up to full production. That includes in this order:

TT - Tooling Trial Build. This is to verify that all the tooling processes work for the new model.
PP - Pilot Production Build. This is a continued assessment of the process capability.
MP - Mass Production Build. Normally there's a MP1 and a MP2 build. This is a continuation of the PP process.
Job 1 - Previous model is discontinued and new model is ramped up to speed.

I do have a list of the 2012 and 2013 TT, PP, & MP VIN's that were scheduled to be built. This is not a list of those that were sold. TT's normally don't get sold to the public. But every once in a while, one gets out!

NFSBOSS said:
There is some info in the Registry forum but you'll have to hunt for it. Why do you want to buy it? There are plenty of other cars available that still have a warranty on the engine and trans.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?board=17.0
I wouldn't mind having this one. The build date was 9/8/10, pretty early. The intake isn't quite a full production part. It has a Trackkey Tune, but it was already on the car when it was purchased from Ford. Waiting for more pix. and trying to dig up some info on TT cars. I didn't find anything in my search.
I thought we might have had a list like:
PP0001
PP0002
Etc.
MP0001
MP0002
Etc.
TT0001
TT0002
and so on.

superhero said:
That would be great if your Boss had the true Lopy idle. 8)
Not mine yet, just looking into it. Don't think I can pull it off right now. This one is just very interesting to me. Very early build date, and would like to try to find out what it was used for, if anything besides a build test or tooling test. Since the manifold isn't a final production piece, makes one think what else isn't a full production piece. Its a CO w/black stripes car with the only option being the car cover and floor mats. Trying to get pix of the bottom to see if the quad exhaust is production or not. Pure speculation about the Tune. Current owner got the car from Ford with that already installed, so I would question weather its the retail version we all got. Who knows? I predict this ONE will create some buzz when it hits the market. Window sticker states "Not For Sale" & in the EPA section it states "EPA Data Not Available. Unit Not to Be Offered For Sale". It even has an extra comment listed in the standard equipment list that says "Unique Engine Cover With Production Number Plate". I haven't seen that before. Its not on my Stock Boss Window Sticker. Car as around 8K on the clock. This one was sold at a Ford Dealers auction. Was told Ford was clearing out some old inventory, and it found its way to the dealer only auction. Guess no one opened the hood until the current owner got it and noticed it to be a TTXXXX serial number.

Please keep us posted. Jems will not jump into your hands. you have to mine for it. I wish you all the luck in unearthing this treassure. Good luck man!! ;)

As soon as I find the drive that has the file on it, I should be able to give you some info about the car, where in Ford it was sold to, etc. I also have all the window stickers downloaded for all the TT, PP, and MP Boss's, both years.

Boss2X said:
Not mine yet, just looking into it. Don't think I can pull it off right now. This one is just very interesting to me. Very early build date, and would like to try to find out what it was used for, if anything besides a build test or tooling test. Since the manifold isn't a final production piece, makes one think what else isn't a full production piece. Its a CO w/black stripes car with the only option being the car cover and floor mats. Trying to get pix of the bottom to see if the quad exhaust is production or not. Pure speculation about the Tune. Current owner got the car from Ford with that already installed, so I would question weather its the retail version we all got. Who knows? I predict this ONE will create some buzz when it hits the market. Window sticker states "Not For Sale" & in the EPA section it states "EPA Data Not Available. Unit Not to Be Offered For Sale". It even has an extra comment listed in the standard equipment list that says "Unique Engine Cover With Production Number Plate". I haven't seen that before. Its not on my Stock Boss Window Sticker. Car as around 8K on the clock. This one was sold at a Ford Dealers auction. Was told Ford was clearing out some old inventory, and it found its way to the dealer only auction. Guess no one opened the hood until the current owner got it and noticed it to be a TTXXXX serial number.

Of the 12 TT (Tooling Tryout) Boss 302 cars for 2012 there were only 2 Competition Orange cars with TT0001 being put up for auction at the Mecum Indy Car Auction in Indianapolis this coming May.

As we all know the only options on the 2012 Boss 302 cars were the Boss car cover, Recaro sport seats with the Helical differential and of course the Yellow Blaze Metallic Tri-Coat paint job.

Based on the window sticker for TT0002 which is also a Competition Orange car it came with the Recaro sport seats and the Helical diff. TT0001 has approximately 12,000 miles on that car and I know some of the history of that car.

Of the 12 TT 2012 Boss 302 cars there were 6 Laguna Seca models (3 Black/3 Silver) and 6 regular Boss 302 models with only 3 of the regular Boss 302 models that came with the Recaro sport seats and Helical diff.

Good luck with your search and hope to hear how you make out?

Happy to hear about the surviving cars. There are currently two PP cars (sort of) that didn't make it now on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221715219036 This might be PP002 (1ZVBP8CU9D5199847 - SBY/Grey)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201307761877 (1ZVBP8CU4C5199897 - Red/White)

Both of the above were order type W, I don't recall which level of engineering that is.

7500RPM said:
Of the 12 TT (Tooling Tryout) Boss 302 cars for 2012 there were only 2 Competition Orange cars with TT0001 being put up for auction at the Mecum Indy Car Auction in Indianapolis this coming May.

As we all know the only options on the 2012 Boss 302 cars were the Boss car cover, Recaro sport seats with the Helical differential and of course the Yellow Blaze Metallic Tri-Coat paint job.

Based on the window sticker for TT0002 which is also a Competition Orange car it came with the Recaro sport seats and the Helical diff. TT0001 has approximately 12,000 miles on that car and I know some of the history of that car.

Of the 12 TT 2012 Boss 302 cars there were 6 Laguna Seca models (3 Black/3 Silver) and 6 regular Boss 302 models with only 3 of the regular Boss 302 models that came with the Recaro sport seats and Helical diff.

Good luck with your search and hope to hear how you make out?

BTW, I have found two more cars that have been release for sale, a Silver/Red LS (MP car), and a CO/Black PP car.

PTRocks said:
BTW, I have found two more cars that have been release for sale, a Silver/Red LS (MP car), and a CO/Black PP car.

Not sure if you are referring to PP0004 (2012 C0/Black PP car) but this car was purchased by a buddy of mine on the Memorial Long weekend.

We went over to look at the car on that long weekend and took it for a test drive, had some fluids and filters changed after which time Peter drove PP0004 home and it now resides in Georgia.

Peter got a great deal on this car and it now sits right beside a GHIG 2013 Boss 302 #333 which I used to own quite some time ago.

They both look great together!

7500RPM said:
Not sure if you are referring to PP0004 (2012 C0/Black PP car) but this car was purchased by a buddy of mine on the Memorial Long weekend.

We went over to look at the car on that long weekend and took it for a test drive, had some fluids and filters changed after which time Peter drove PP0004 home and it now resides in Georgia.

Peter got a great deal on this car and it now sits right beside a GHIG 2013 Boss 302 #333 which I used to own quite some time ago.

They both look great together!

Sounds like an awesome find. :) The most recent CO/PP car is 199914.

PTRocks said:
Sounds like an awesome find. :) The most recent CO/PP car is 199914.

Time flies very quickly when it comes to the car hobby and especially for me with these Boss 302 cars.

Hard to believe that Pilot Production PP0001 which is a 2012 Boss 302 LS was built exactly 5 years ago today and that PP0002 was built the very next morning on October 26th, 2010.

Of course PP0003 thru PP0012 were all also built on October 26th, 2010.

Interesting to note that the engines for each of these first two PP cars were assembled way back in July of 2010.

:)

TMO Supporting Vendors