1992 Ford Mustang LX5.0
- Ownership Status
- Currently Own
- Fox Body Model
- Mods - Handling
- Going the Maximum Motorsport route: So far MM Panhard Bar, Adjustable Rear Stabilizer Bar and Adjustable Heavy Duty Rear Lower Control Arms. Installed H&R Higher Rate Springs and Tokico 5-way adjustable shocks/struts at all four corners. Also have MM adjustable caster/camber plates installed. 94/04 Cobra brakes front and rear. SN95 front spindles, bump steer kit, sport steering rack. On track I run Nitto NT-01 tires 245/45/17s on stock 2004 Mustang wheels. Full length subframe connectors and four point roll cage to stiffen the chassis.
- Mods - Power
- None really: A/C delete, unequal length shorties, H pipe, Flowmaster catback with 40 series mufflers.
- Mods - Exterior
- GT front nose with brake ducting replacing the fog lights
- Mods - Interior
- Rear seat delete, A/C delete, Stereo delete, Corbeau seats, four point (back half) roll bar. Installed LMR center console with cup holders, USB ports and 12V socket.
- Background & Plans
- Future plans include Vortech supercharger, torque arm, possibly coil over shocks/struts (need advice on this). This old car needs replacement weather stripping, headliner. Plan to upgrade interior lighting. About time for the heater core. Aftermarket tuning computer.