Specs & Mods
- Ownership Status
- Currently Own
- S197 Model
- GT 5.0L
- Mods - Handling
- Standard FR500S features include: upgrade spring rates and Sachs competition adjustable shocks, brake air ducting, Brembo brakes, quick-steering and strut-tower brace, sub-frame chassis stiffeners; shared components with 2008 GT500 are transmission, wheels, front/rear lower control arms. Tires are 285/35-18, experimenting with various brands and compounds.
- Mods - Power
- 5.0L Coyote Aluminator Gen II, naturally-aspirated, completed swap November 2019, tuned for mid-range torque. JBA stainless headers, stock FR500S baffles/no catalytics.
- Mods - Exterior
- Stock FR500S features include: No side windows, Lexan rear window and quarter windows, fixed rear wing, brake scoops, lower valance with carbon fiber splitter, Lexan® rear quarter windows and rear window, red/blue graphics on plain white body. Car #21.
- Mods - Interior
- Standard FR500S features include full roll-cage, driver-side window netting and right-side arm restraint netting, 5-pt. harnesses, halo seat (driver side), passenger seat. No cup holders, radio, airbag, rear seat, interior insulation or upholstery. AiM MXL data acquisition & GPS.
- Background & Plans
- Ford Racing chassis #13. Purchased this school car from NOLA Motorsports Park Oct. 2017. For now, I plan to open-track the car to see if I'm good enough to race against 20-year-olds.