The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

‘E’ Sticker Location

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
My fire system pull is in the cigarette lighter hole on the dash. I can easily reach it from my seat while strapped in. NASA requires a E sticker outside the car at the nearest and easiest point of entry. Obviously, the nearest is the driver side window. However, it seems the passenger window might be the easiest since the steering wheel or me could be in the way of the pull handle when trying to access from the exterior of the vehicle. There are no obstacles on the passenger side.

What would you suggest?

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/document/document/282/2021.8.3.pdf
15.3 Fire Extinguisher / Fire System Required Decal
Vehicles with a fire extinguisher or suppression system must display one (1) “E” decal on the outside of the vehicle identifying the location of the fire extinguisher or fire suppression activation switch. The decal should be placed closest to the entry point of the vehicle where the fire extinguisher/system is most accessible from the outside. This decal indicates to someone assisting the driver where the easiest access point is located. On vehicles with fire systems, one (1) decal is required at the release switch or button, as well as one (1) on the outside of the vehicle.

As you were thinking, it's recommended to put it "where the easiest access point is located" - so I'd say passenger window, even though the handle is marginally closer to the driver's window.

Wherever you put the primary one, I would place a second one, on the dash where it can be seen through the windshield by any track worker that came up on the car, from either side.
This is similar to the problem that I have, my extinguisher activation switch is in the middle of the dash, what's the chances of a corner worker coming up to the driver's door and reaching across, and locating the switch? It might be better on the passenger side. So I decided that if you go to where one sticker is, and look around, you should be able to see the actual sticker/switch from that location.
Just my thoughts

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel