The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

► APEX | 18x11” EC-7 Track Wheel Group Buy — Up to $200 off a set!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
I just mounted NT01's 305/35-18 on my Apex 10"-43's And really wish I would have bought 295's or.....Waited for the 11's The Bulge is too much IMO. Even though Nitto says the 305's can be mounted on 10" wheels(MAX) I would have to argue, Too much bulge IMO.
IMG_2687.jpg

We agree. Prior to offering the 18x11's we had quite a few customers wrapping the 18x10's in 305/35-18 NT-01's, and although they provide a good amount of grip, you certainly make a compromise in terms of sidewall support and the associated handling characteristics. Some compounds have such stiff sidewalls that the "slop" is minimized, however we like to pair 295's and 305's with our new 11" wheels.

As @Fabman indicated, tire brand plays a big role.

:D UPS stopped by today! Thanks for your help with my order Ryan!

@APEXRaceParts

It's been a pleasure working with you, Grant. Catch you out there!!

Ah ok thanks. I think mine are 660s on 10" HREs. I'm aiming for 315's on the 11's running the Cortex offset coil-overs. The 680s running 373's just seem to bog or not pull as hard as the 660s and the shorter... 640s ? I don't want to go to 4:10s so maybe a couple mods like the CF driveshaft will help with off corner acceleration. Otherwise I have a plan B....

Yeah I guess it depends on which tracks you are running re:gearing/tire height. my previous tires were 660s but but Dean at Kohr much preferrs the 680s for grip and longevity. So we'll see if I can feel a difference

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
what's the feedback so far on the 11" wheels for spacers up front? have 26mm to test with (18+8 stacked), but hadn't reassembled the car enough to see what's going to work. I sent my very nice 15mm ones from @OPMustang Tim with my 10" wheels, and they offer 20 and 25mm options in a similar build.

Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to reassemble one side of the front suspension and see what shakes.

what's the feedback so far on the 11" wheels for spacers up front? have 26mm to test with (18+8 stacked), but hadn't reassembled the car enough to see what's going to work. I sent my very nice 15mm ones from @OPMustang Tim with my 10" wheels, and they offer 20 and 25mm options in a similar build.

Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to reassemble one side of the front suspension and see what shakes.
20MM should work on S197, I got confirmation that they clear stock suspension and clear the fender. I sent a couple sets to an S550 Customer to try.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Are there any discount codes available for TMO members @APEXRaceParts ? I was an original group buy member but my incident on track caused me to reposition finances for the repairs. Now looking to purchase a set of 18x11". Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
These wheels are beautiful and having a rotatable 18x11 is great! But running 20mm for stock and maybe more for coils, is there a limit on spacer limit size for reliability/safety for the front end?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Limit? In general terms a wheel should remain as close to centered over the bearings as possible. Since the location of the wheel is remaining about the same, centered within the wheel well, the next question is load on wheel studs. Would I put a 20mm spacer on stock studs? NO. Would I be comfortable doing the same with ARP and or Ford Racing studs, yes. Would I use a spacer plate with separate studs where you bolt the spacer to the stock studs and the spacer has it own studs, oh h*** no.
In this case we are simply filling in the thickness cut away for rear fitment necessary to have a "Square Setup".

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Are there any discount codes available for TMO members @APEXRaceParts ? I was an original group buy member but my incident on track caused me to reposition finances for the repairs. Now looking to purchase a set of 18x11". Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate your interest Steve. We do not have any promotions running at the moment but I sent you a PM.

These wheels are beautiful and having a rotatable 18x11 is great! But running 20mm for stock and maybe more for coils, is there a limit on spacer limit size for reliability/safety for the front end?

Appreciate the kind words. If the goal is a rotatable 11" square fitment, there is no way around it. As the fellas mentioned, as long as the appropriate extended hardware is installed, running spacers is a reliable solution for proper inner strut clearance. As Rick mentioned, many competitive race teams have the same approach. With that said, we have 18x10" rotatable square fitments for the S197 and S550 chassis which do not require spacers (assuming the right tire size is installed), however you are ultimately leaving some wheel & tire width on the table. Something has got to give :)

HUGE Thanks to @APEXRaceParts and @OPMustang Tim
I confirmed the 305s DO NOT perform well on 10" rims at BIR. So I called and spoke with Ryan at Apex and he's Expediting a set of 11s and Tim is getting my Spacers to me with his usual prompt delivery!! I WILL be able to make to the NASA event at the Autobahn this weekend! YEAH!

It was a pleasure speaking with you. We are pumped anytime a customer is putting these babies to use as intended. Stay safe this weekend and enjoy the sidewall support ;)

- Ryan

APEX customer service is AWESOME!
I just wish I could say the same about UPS. Their truck broke down and my wheels are sitting in a trailer at their distribution center, they have been there all day and no way to get them:mad: I'm so pissed right :mad:now I cannot even explain. I will be going to the NASA event with my old worn 275s that I believe won't make it both days. Non refundable money spent already. Maybe I can pickup a set of take offs??:mad::mad::mad::mad:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I had this problem with some seats once and I called with the tracking number, they were here local and they let me come down and pick them up from their center. Might be worth a shot.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel