The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

► APEX | 18x11” EC-7 Track Wheel Group Buy — Up to $200 off a set!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joined feeler :D

I was planning to order Forgestar CF5s in 18" x 11" 52mm offset to clear my new 15" brake package with plans to run a 15mm hub-centric spacer up front. However, I prefer the appearance of the Apex wheel. My only concern is that they won't be available until July and I have no track wheels that will fit. I will wait if the $200 discount is reached.

I already have deep concave EC7s in 18" x 11" on my project truck and they look to be great quality.

33166277686_a1c2b9457d_k.jpg APEX EC7 by smallblock, on Flickr

Steve, sad to see those pictures. Hope you and car get back up to speed asap.

APEX-- this is great news but I'm bummed these are face 2 wheels. Was there not enough hub pad available or brake clearance with face 3s?

Steve, Thank you for posting, as hard as it must of been to do so. These pictures keep a strong reminder of the dark side of running your baby at the track and pushing your car and skill limits to have fun. It all can end so quickly. Thank god (if you believe) that you walked away and the car can be restored in time.
Your post of these pictures keep it real for anyone running there car at the track. The part that makes my eyes wide open is FIRE.
Even that the car has come to a stop your damage is still happing at a very rapid speed and your helpless. Rescue crew did a great job in responding.

Again I'm glad your OK!!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Let's hope VIR considers a few gravel traps like Road America has.

I would prefer to use a tow hook before a fire extinguisher any day.

I second that. I have seen 3 other grass fires at VIR over the past 4 years so it was not a freak thing. The weather in November and February has been very favorable but the grass is so dry in winter that it catches right up. I also kick myself for removing the fire extinguisher I had mounted on the passenger seat. When I pulled the seat I did not remount it to the floor. Stupid mistake.

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Steve, those photo's are nothing short of gut wrenching. Glad you were able to walk away despite the damage, and very cool that you are getting "back on the horse" after she is rebuilt. We greatly appreciate your support.

Steve, sad to see those pictures. Hope you and car get back up to speed asap.

APEX-- this is great news but I'm bummed these are face 2 wheels. Was there not enough hub pad available or brake clearance with face 3s?

Hey Neema, thanks for the kind words. In regards to the face profile, you are correct. The width and offset best lends itself to a profile 2 face, which still has a decent amount of concavity. Brake clearance and structural integrity were first priority :)

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Alright folks, we've got interest in just over 100 units/wheel so far. Share the deal with your track buddies and fellow enthusiasts to ensure this deal comes to fruition!

Aside from the cortex offset coilovers (since we already know they provide the most inner clearance), what suspensions would you like to see us test? In the BMW world, we have our go-to list which does a really good job covering a vast majority of BMW track enthusiasts, and I'd like to confirm my suspicions on which suspension systems are most popular within this portion of the Mustang community.

- Ryan

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
We are flying into hump day with interest in 124 units :cheers: Let's surpass that 160+ tier and maximize our chances of achieving the discount of $200 off + free shipping*!

31957678793_abf5224948_b.jpg

Please let us know if you have any Group Buy or product related questions.

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
I run JRZ coilovers personally. I can be persuaded to bring the s197 racecar and s550 street car for testing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We are on your way to Thunderhill, Sonoma, and Laguna... take your pick ;) JRZ's are certainly on the list, thanks for the feedback.

What else do you guys run?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
The should fit perfectly. No stick out.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel