The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

► APEX | 18x11” EC-7 Track Wheel Group Buy — Up to $200 off a set!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Those look great! All things being equal, I tend to like anthracite wheels best. And I like gloss finishes. But I went with black, just to stay close to the original design aesthetic of the Boss and because of brake dust issues. Not exactly Sophie's Choice, but I hope I'm happy with the black. I'll know in a few hours. They are on the truck and out for delivery.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Sorry, no time for fancy pictures. The wheels look great and feel light. The black satin finish is very nice. I might have preferred the anthracite, but after a couple of track sessions, you're going to get a black satin finish anyway, no matter what finish you started with. I'm only unhappy, because (as usual), it will be a little while before I actually mount these. Other projects are ahead in line. I think these are going to look great on the car.

20170621_165343.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sorry, no time for fancy pictures. The wheels look great and feel light. The black satin finish is very nice. I might have preferred the anthracite, but after a couple of track sessions, you're going to get a black satin finish anyway, no matter what finish you started with. I'm only unhappy, because (as usual), it will be a little while before I actually mount these. Other projects are ahead in line. I think these are going to look great on the car.

20170621_165343.jpg
NICE...

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Not the same tire but I ran 305/35 nt01 on Vorshlag 18x11 diff offsets and were a perfect fit in front. When I mounted the 315's because of the bulge I had to run and 1/8 spacer to clear the coils

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
Ah ok thanks. I think mine are 660s on 10" HREs. I'm aiming for 315's on the 11's running the Cortex offset coil-overs. The 680s running 373's just seem to bog or not pull as hard as the 660s and the shorter... 640s ? I don't want to go to 4:10s so maybe a couple mods like the CF driveshaft will help with off corner acceleration. Otherwise I have a plan B....

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I just mounted NT01's 305/35-18 on my Apex 10"-43's And really wish I would have bought 295's or.....Waited for the 11's The Bulge is too much IMO. Even though Nitto says the 305's can be mounted on 10" wheels(MAX) I would have to argue, Too much bulge IMO.
IMG_2687.jpg
I feel ya. Some tires are way bigger than expected for a given size.
I went from 335 BFG's on my road tires to 335 888's and the Toyos were way-way bigger on the same rim. I went from a perfect fit to a clown shoe fit.
Boy was I surprised.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel