The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

► APEX | 19” EC-7 Track Wheel Group Buy — Up to $300 off a set!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
APEX 19" EC-7 Wheels - GT350 Brake Clearance

Great news for all you GT350 owners out there! A local enthusiast was nice enough to donate his GT350 to the cause, and brake clearance has been verified. Although we originally manufactured these to specifically clear just about any brake kit you throw at them, we wanted to double back and perform further in-house testing for validation. Whether enthusiasts choose to run a staggered or rotatable square fitment, APEX 19" wheels will supply GT350 owners with piece of mind on and off the race track.

Full GT350 photoshoot to come once we receive our wider sample wheels, but for now these 19x10" EC-7 Mustang wheels depict the ample clearance GT350 owners can expect.

Brake Clearance - Spokes
Spokes that work for you

If the spokes of a wheel don't clear your brake calipers, then the wheel can’t be used at all. We made sure these wheels properly clear both standard and big brake kits offered by Ford, plus popular aftermarket BBK’s when configured correctly. Keep in mind, some aggressive square fitments utilizing the 19x10.5”or 19x11” EC-7 wheels at the front axle will require spacers for proper inner strut clearance, and this will also ensure proper brake clearance.

Brake Clearance - Barrel
A lot of room in a tight space

Designing a wheel with spokes that clear a Big Brake Kit, is only half of the battle. The inside of the barrel needs to be large enough to physically fit large calipers and rotors. Be warned— not all wheels are made equal. The barrel of the EC-7 wheel offers unmatched caliper clearance because wheels shouldn’t limit your choice of aftermarket brake kits, and brake kits shouldn’t force you to run oversized wheels. We 2D modeled most Big Brake Kits available in Solidworks and tweaked the wheel design of the EC-7 prior to production in order to fit as many kits as possible.

These wheels effectively clear a variety of aftermarket BBK’s as well as popular factory BBK’s like the S197 14” and 15” GT500 Brembo kits, S550 Performance Package Brembo kit, and even the S550 GT350 Brembo kit!

33687134852_5921f6e472_b.jpg

33687135182_17de2d55eb_b.jpg

33843161415_a1090c4c27_b.jpg

- Ryan

Peter, I don't think CCW is in Florida after the buyout from Weld Wheels. How's your GT350 working for you on track?

Rick

CCW still shows a Daytona area code but I haven't been by their old space to check. John had invested mega $$$ a few years ago updating his facility.

Finally made Sebring 2 weeks ago and had a hoot. Car is stock except align and camber plates so it still had a lot of understeer as you would expect. When I wear out the the OEM I will go 305 PS4S for street tires and run 305 NT01 for track on the Apex wheels.

GT350 is heads above the Boss both as a street car and track car, but you know that already ;)

Peter

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Not sure how I missed the post on Wednesday with photos of the wheel clearance but this looks look impressive. @APEXRaceParts Ryan, how does the clearance compare to the OEM wheels, more or less? And are those the OEM lug nuts you're using?

Thanks Rick. The APEX 19" EC-7 wheels certainly provide superior caliper clearance front and rear in comparison to the stock wheels. My guys have described the factory wheels to have about 1/2 of the clearance that our wheel provides, and it was quite easy to stick an index finder in between our APEX wheel and the Brembo calipers up front.

- Ryan

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
@APEXRaceParts, if I wanted to run a set of the 19x10's on a 2012 Boss 302, would I need spacers for the front? Is it possible to clear a 19x10 on the front of the S197 chassis?

You can certainly run a square set of 19x10" ET40 wheels on the S197 chassis. In terms of front strut clearance, I would need to know what tire size/brand you plan on running, as well as what suspension you have.

Some fitments on the S197 are a direct fit, while others require spacers up front for proper strut clearance. For instance, 275/35-19 tires are commonly used and a direct fit with most suspension types.

Here is an S550 with 19x10" ET40 EC-7's wrapped in 275/35-19 RE-71R tires.

33057822424_72f646a4e6_b.jpg

- Ryan

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
My white GT 350 should be here in about three weeks and the picture of this beauty has me thinking I want the silver rims, though I had your black ones in mind initially --- eye candy for those waiting on the birth of their 526 hp babies!!

So if one flipped back to a staggered setup , you will have 19s that fit flush for the front and rear - thinking about 305s in the front, 315s in the rear of the Shelby. If you keep posting killer photos like this you will probably draw in more of us , as lusting after our Mustang Mistress is quite contagious ,ha.

You can certainly run a square set of 19x10" ET40 wheels on the S197 chassis. In terms of front strut clearance, I would need to know what tire size/brand you plan on running, as well as what suspension you have.

Some fitments on the S197 are a direct fit, while others require spacers up front for proper strut clearance. For instance, 275/35-19 tires are commonly used and a direct fit with most suspension types.

Here is an S550 with 19x10" ET40 EC-7's wrapped in 275/35-19 RE-71R tires.

33057822424_72f646a4e6_b.jpg

- Ryan

Ryan @APEXRaceParts,

As far as setup goes, I'm on stock boss 302 suspension. Would like to run 285's all the way around, most likely either RE-71R's or RE-11's.

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
My white GT 350 should be here in about three weeks and the picture of this beauty has me thinking I want the silver rims, though I had your black ones in mind initially --- eye candy for those waiting on the birth of their 526 hp babies!!

So if one flipped back to a staggered setup , you will have 19s that fit flush for the front and rear - thinking about 305s in the front, 315s in the rear of the Shelby. If you keep posting killer photos like this you will probably draw in more of us , as lusting after our Mustang Mistress is quite contagious ,ha.

You are correct Bill, the staggered fitment would work very well since the majority of "work" really only comes into play when enthusiasts want to squeeze an 11" true rotatable square fitment on the car. You could run either the 19x10" ET40 or the 19x10.5" ET46 up front, paired with the 19x11" ET52 in the rear. Tires would be 305's and 315's respectively.

Here is a rendering on the GT350 to hold you over. Keep in mind this photo reflects our EC-7 19x10" ET40 with 275/35-19 RE-71R on all four corners. Both the staggered and square GT350 fitments will be more aggressive with much beefier compounds ;)

33760545290_9477b2267e_b.jpg

Ryan @APEXRaceParts,

As far as setup goes, I'm on stock boss 302 suspension. Would like to run 285's all the way around, most likely either RE-71R's or RE-11's.

Copy that, the 19x10" ET40 will be a great square fitment for you paired with the 285/35-19 RE-71R's. With that said, I highly encourage you to purchase and install adjustable camber plates up front. Not only will the camber plates buy you some extra clearance between the shoulders of the front tires and the fender edges, they will provide you with much better handling characteristics followed by more consistent/even tire wear. Without the appropriate amount of negative camber, those RE-71R's will be toast in a track day or two - and that gets expensive quick!

Are the 'final' weights going to be posted before the close of the payment phase?

Correct sir, we understand that wheel weights are an essential part of the equation here, and always want our customers to make an informed purchase.

- Ryan

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks APEX, have a feeling I will be hitting the apexes perfect either way , but thanks so much for the responsive service and advice for all of us. Found another set of rims recently , but think I will wait and get yours , as strong testament to the type of service we will all receive from you guys , considering all the questions answered even before the rim hits TMO Forum member's hands.

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Ryan @APEXRaceParts,

Thanks for all the info! In regards to the camber plates, 100% agree. Definitely an important addition when tires are almost $300 a piece... Always nice to work with a company that does their due diligence on the engineering side of things! Consider me in for the group buy [emoji16]

What's another $300 drained from your kids college fund, right... :rolleyes:

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
We've got interest in over 30 sets of wheels going into the weekend. The official payment phase opens up on Monday, so be sure to get your orders in at that time! If you have fitment or product related questions, please reach contact us. We've got fitment experts standing by.

Same fitment as above on this GT350, however this is our Race Silver finish :D

2016 Mustang GT350
  • APEX EC-7 Race Silver
  • Front & Rear: 19x10" ET40 - 275/35-19 RE-71R
  • Stock suspension

33760544000_142f35a05f_b.jpg

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Less the 24 hours to go until this Group Buy is officially in the 7 day payment phase!

Keep in mind, the best way to ensure we reach the deepest discounts possible is to finalize your order as early as possible within the 7 day window. This creates more momentum early on, and with our minimum required discount (MRD) feature, there is no risk in the deal not meeting your expectations/required discount level. If your discount tier is not met, there is no obligation to buy.

34104674536_41e2445fb1_b.jpg

If you have any fitment or product related questions, don't hesitate to consult with one of our Product Experts today!

- Ryan

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
APEX EC-7 Wheels

19x9.5" ET35 - 23.55 lbs.

19x10" ET40 - 24 lbs