► APEX | 19” SM-10 Wheel Group Buy — Up to $400 off a set!

Discussion in 'APEX Race Parts' started by APEXRaceParts, May 14, 2018.

1. APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts Race Proven, Street Approved

[​IMG]

APEX 19” SM-10 Wheel Group Buy

Save up to $400 OFF a set plus Free Shipping in the Continental US

Based on the survey results from hundreds of Mustang enthusiasts, we see there’s demand for our SM-10 design in 19” Mustang specific fitments. Because of the advanced milling featured on these wheels, it’s only possible to bring these to market at an affordable rate if we can sell them in volume. The goal of this deal is to organize enough demand that we can significantly cut back on the price for people who pre-order.

The Mustang version of our SM-10 has been optimized specifically for this application. These aren’t just redrilled BMW wheels. We’ve thickened spokes and FEA optimized every size for a 10% higher load rating above the JWL/VIA standard. As usual we setup the wheel to work with OEM Mustang center caps, mounting hardware, and TPMS.

The SM-10 design is equipped with I-beam spokes to offset as much weight as possible from where we’ve beefed up the wheel. It also features a knurled bead along the barrel that helps keep a truer balance by reducing tire slippage on the rim. The SM-10 wheel design offers massive brake clearance, effectively clearing aftermarket big brakes kits as well as popular factory big brakes like the S197 14” and 15” GT500 Brembo kits, S550 Performance Package Brembo kit, and the massive GT350 and GT350R Brembo kits.

This deal offers the deepest discount we’ve ever offered through a Group Buy. Be the first to run our new design on a Mustang by signing-up today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Add Tires To Get Free Mounting & Balancing

[​IMG]

Wheel & tire bundles are available with this group buy. Add tires with your group buy wheel order and get Free tire mounting and balancing by our trusted enthusiast technicians. We use high-end, touchless equipment and inspect every wheel and tire combo thoroughly before they leave our warehouse. Popular Michelin & BFGoodrich street & track tires are available.

Thinking about waiting to join until your discount is hit? Don’t do that!
    We always recommend getting your pledge in as early as possible. The system in no way rewards watching the deal and joining late. The whole purpose of the pledge system is to allow you to join with confidence and security even within the first minute of the deal accepting payment. You’ll never have to pay more than you’re willing to - even if you’re the first participant. Pledging is risk free!

I want to know more about APEX wheels. Where can I learn more about them?
    All APEX wheels are highly regarded and fully verified with official JWL and VIA certifications for every single size and offset. We created these wheels to inspire confidence during track days, race events, and everyday driving. Click here to learn everything about APEX wheels. The quality of information is worth your time!

What’s different about our Group Buy?
    Joining Group Buy deals via forums is traditionally a very manual process. Since our deals have grown so large over time, we are working with a new tool to organize these deals in a single, well organized location. This deal is entirely managed on GangUp.com where you can pay, follow, and discuss the deal’s status.

How do I participate?
    Visit the official Deal Dashboard on GangUp.com. From there, you can show your interest by joining our feeler list. You’ll receive an email reminder when the deal officially opens. When the deal is live and accepting payments, you can complete checkout and pay for your order from the same page. All product details, member participants, and discussions can be found on that Dashboard.

What if I have some questions?
    No problem! You can simply contact us by clicking “Message Vendor” on the deal page or via groupbuy@apexraceparts.com. Please avoid sending us Private Messages as they do not automatically go into our ticketing system and will experience a delay for responses.

Still need help understanding how the Group Buy platform works?
    Check out this handy video Dylan put together for further explanation.

Want to see how they look?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 5:09 PM
  2. gripdriver

gripdriver TMO Advanced

I really hope an 18x10 +40 SM-10 is in our future.

3. APEXRaceParts

Appreciate your interest! As a motorsport oriented company we will definitely be releasing the new SM-10 design in an 18" diameter, however since we wanted to expand on our fitment offering to encompass more sizes for the GT350 and GT350R, we decided to launch the 19" diameter first.

- Cory

gripdriver likes this.
  4. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

Those look tasty and it's great that you're offering the R spec sizing as well. Which wheel cap fits these wheels?

I'm looking forward to these being available in 19" for Porsche's.

5. APEXRaceParts

Hey Rick, moving forward all Mustang wheels will accept the correct-era Ford center cap.

- Cory

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    VoodooBoss likes this.
  6. ChopSui

ChopSui Mike

Great, I've been waiting for this style to be available! Are the "OEM TPMS sensors" the metal ones for the GT350? My understanding is that the regular S550s use plastic valve stems and the GT350s use metal ones.

VoodooBoss likes this.
  7. APEXRaceParts

All of the TPMS we sell on the site come with the metal valve stems. They are certainly a much better choice compared to the plastic ones!

- Cory

TymeSlayer and ChopSui like this.
  8. jameskhana

jameskhana TMO Beginner

I’m pledged for a set of 19x10’s!

VoodooBoss likes this.
  9. ChopSui

ChopSui Mike

I'm pledged as well. Looking forward to these!

VoodooBoss and jameskhana like this.
  10. APEXRaceParts

Thanks for your support guys! You will love these

- Cory

jameskhana likes this.
  11. spartan

spartan TMO Race

Look forward to 18 X 11 SM-10 release.

gripdriver likes this.
  12. flyhalf

flyhalf TMO Intermediate

let me ask you a question Cory.
    Do you guys plan to go 10.5 all around? 10.5 can fit a 305 tire with less adjustment than a 11 in the front.
    Do you plan any 10.5 in the future?
    Thank you

Alex

13. APEXRaceParts

No plans at this time for a 10.5". You would still need to run extended studs and a spacer, and based on feedback we received, there wasn't much of a point to making them with the 11" in our catalog. In addition, every 305 section tire I can think of would benefit from an 11" wide wheel compared to a 10.5". The possibility of a limited production group buy is always on the table should we get enough interest, however.

- Cory

flyhalf likes this.
  14. APEXRaceParts

Stay Balanced With a Knurled Bead

When considering modifications that will enhance your track weekend’s success and safety, the modifications that cannot be seen are ones that often make the largest difference. Everything must work in unison to properly and effectively utilize your chassis, suspension, and wheel & tire combination. Tire slippage upsets this balance, and is most commonly experienced when lateral and longitudinal torque is applied to the tires under loads seen on track. On our Mustang APEX SM-10 wheels, we’ve included a knurled bead seat to reduce unwanted tire rotation

[​IMG]

This machined knurling throughout the wheel’s barrel increases friction between the wheel and tire to combat excessive tire slippage and maintain a true balance. Braking deep into a corner, bouncing off berms at the apex, and applying throttle at corner exit all apply enough tire load to cause unwanted tire slippage. Seeing as the tires are the sole contact patch, maintaining a true tire balance is of utmost importance to ensure your Mustang is operating at its fullest potential.

On most all track applications, tires are prone to one full rotation or more during a track session. Modern Mustangs create big lateral grip loads, increasing the chance of tire slippage. Combat unwanted tire rotation by utilizing the SM-10’s knurled bead. Arrive at your track weekend with perfectly balanced tires, leave your track weekend with perfectly balanced tires.

- Cory

TymeSlayer, jameskhana and ChopSui like this.
  15. APEXRaceParts

S197 + SM-10 = Beauty

After requests from the community, we are excited to announce that the SM-10 renderings on a S197 chassis are complete and have been added to the main page. You can also see them below on this beautiful GT500.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A track focused Mustang is not complete without a track proven wheel and tire setup. Submit your pledge early to lock in your desired finishes, and stay tuned for more updates as we draw nearer to the deadline.

- Cory

16. APEXRaceParts

Hello Everyone,

The first batch of our 19” Mustang SM-10 sample wheels have arrived. We are very excited to see these in person and they have lived up to the hype. Below are a few teaser shots highlighting some of the unique features this wheel has to offer. Stay tuned for actual on car photos coming soon!

SM-10 19x10” ET40 Anthracite in all its glory

[​IMG]

Accepts factory S550 center caps for enthusiasts looking for that OEM+ look

[​IMG]

CNC sculpted “I” beam spokes for strength and weight savings

[​IMG]

Knurled beading. Arrive to the track with balanced wheels and tires, leave the track with balanced wheels and tires.

[​IMG]

- Cory

VoodooBoss and ChopSui like this.
  17. 11GT50

11GT50 TMO Intermediate

I've been eyeballing the EC-7s for quite some time but decided to bite on these in 19x11!

18. BigWillowlittlemustang

BigWillowlittlemustang TMO Beginner

im tempted. if they were EC7s id be all over them. just prefer the mesh design

19. Boone

Boone TMO Intermediate

I have the RTR mesh wheel in black 19x9.5 ET33 (wet tires), and I have HRE FF15 19x10 ET40 wheels in silver (RE71-R). I don't know whether it's the color or style, but I'm on the list for the Apex SM10 group buy (slicks). I like the linear spokes. To each his own.

20. APEXRaceParts

Both mesh and linear spokes are very classic designs, can't go wrong with either in my opinion. There will be another EC-7 group buy early next year for those who prefer that style!