The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

► Apex | Flow Formed Lightweight Mustang Wheels - Built to Perform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Looking at the 18x11" ET52's to run a square 305 setup this year on my S550. When do you guys plan on having the satin black or bronze colors in stock? Love these wheels!

Hey Jake! Both the Satin Black and Matte Bronze should be available in March. Keep your eyes peeled for a Group Buy coming soon to snag these up :)

- Cory

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Our 2019 EC-7 Group Buy is off to a hot start, head on over to GangUp.com to keep the momentum going! At this rate, we will reach the maximum discount tier in no time which means more savings for you!

https://www.gangup.com/apex/apex-18-19-ec7-mustang-wheels-q1-2019.html

As a reminder, this is the official launch of our Matte Bronze wheel, available only in 18x11" ET52. If you like the Bronze, act now!

25137691867_ed175f39c3_b.jpg
28229379749_c0c4d273a0_b.jpg

- Cory

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Many have asked us about the great features and details of the EC-7 wheel design, and while images are helpful, they simply do not do the wheel justice. We took things a step further by creating the following video.

* Please note that the video will display an OEM BMW center cap to call attention to the fact that we design our wheels to accommodate factory center caps. The EC-7 wheel design optimized for the Mustang chassis accommodates the OEM Mustang center caps, and the respective part numbers for those center caps are listed on our website.

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Many have asked us about the great features and details of the SM-10 wheel design, and while images are helpful, they simply do not do the wheel justice. We took things a step further by creating the following video.

- Cory

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dear Apex Wheels,

Please give us a bit more information , this thread is so bare of real data -----------NOT!! Geez, Cory, I may be an Apex fan , but a lot of it has to do with the extreme dedication you guys have to our fairly small group. I know I have mentioned to my show car buddies that they need to check out your rims, but making a wheel for TrackusRaticus folks is a niche market and I hope everyone on TMO realizes how few companies really look at the issues a track wheel may experience differently than one just for cruising. Thanks again , and I will try not to be such a FanBoy, but I for one appreciate all the hard work, dedication , activity on our Forum. The service after , during and before the sale is phenomenal - best of luck with the new wheel.

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Since Sweet Lorraine is already sporting a nice set of 19x10 EC-7s - she'd like a different looking set like these SM-10s in matte black.

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Dear Apex Wheels,

Please give us a bit more information , this thread is so bare of real data -----------NOT!! Geez, Cory, I may be an Apex fan , but a lot of it has to do with the extreme dedication you guys have to our fairly small group. I know I have mentioned to my show car buddies that they need to check out your rims, but making a wheel for TrackusRaticus folks is a niche market and I hope everyone on TMO realizes how few companies really look at the issues a track wheel may view differently than one just for cruising. Thanks again , and I will try not to be such a FanBoy, but I for one appreciate all the hard work, dedication , activity on our Forum and service after , during and before the sale. Best of luck with the new wheel.

Ha, you had me going there at first ;) Thanks for the kind words, Bill.

these wheels would be killer in silver 18x10 and 11...

I agree, we would love to produce them in 18" sizes and could if the demand picks up for it.

19x10 square for me.... Group buy on the sm-10 please ;)

Since Sweet Lorraine is already sporting a nice set of 19x10 EC-7s - she'd like a different looking set like these SM-10s in matte black.

Be on the lookout within the next few months. We are getting a fresh stocking order of these babies in just a couple of weeks too!

- Cory

I know this discussion has been going on for a while. I'm going to do the group buy but I want to make sure my combo will work.
Does anyone have pics of the EC7 19x11 square setup on a GT350 with TOYO R888R 305/30/19 square setup? I just want to make sure the whole tire fits under the wheel wells. I don't want the poke!
I plan to run the ARP studs with spacers up front as recommended. I'm going to run these on track weekends and keep the stock wheels/tires for street.

thanks!

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Hey Jimmy, saw your email and replied to it but figured I'd reply here as well. Double coverage! The short answer is no, no poke on the GT350 using that setup. It also fits without poke on the regular bodied cars when using more aggressive camber settings.

Cory

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
As promised, the SM-10 is finally back in stock in our most popular sizes after a long hiatus.

19x10" ET40
19x11" ET26
19x11" ET52
19x11.5" ET56

All are here in pretty much the full complement of finishes, ready to go out. Get your orders in now before they're gone!

David's GT500 is sporting our 19x10" ET40 squared set with 285/35-19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S at all four corners which provide this big powered car with equally big grip.

43525564400_cd276315c1_b.jpg

- Cory

Last edited:

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Joe is putting his recently acquired wheels to good use this spring. Who else loves seeing the older GT500s out on track?

Many wheels are in stock and ready to ship out as always. Grab some now before track season is over!

46557582114_efaf529570_b.jpg
40316188863_a718e8f636_b.jpg
46557582684_200874f706_b.jpg

- Cory

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Big fan of the Rivals ( mainly the S and S 1.5 ) and the gforce R1s , but have noticed you only have certain sizes listed on your website. Just wondering, as I know many companies work hard at keeping their website up , and you guys definitely do a nice job, but few realize how quickly products change and sometimes things fall through the cracks? My question is whether you are currently carrying the 315s in the Rivals or the R1s , even though they are not on your website. Since you offer the tire/rim package I just figured it may be something in the works for the 18x11 inch rims? Thanks for your time, just figured it would be easy to check since you guys are on the TMO Forum every week!

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Hey Bill, you are correct that we don't offer the Rival in Mustang sizes. We actually stopped carrying them last year and have just been trying to get rid of the remaining inventory.

Website is always up to date as it's tied directly to NetSuite :)

- Cory

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
18x11" ET52 in Anthracite has been a hot seller lately. Michael sent us in these shots of his 2013 GT showing off the fitment with 25mm front spacers and ARP studs, wrapped in 275/35 Nitto NT01s.

47335355502_30787f3f55_b.jpg

46664844974_57623b21f0_b.jpg

- Cory

TMO Supporting Vendors