The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

► APEX | Flow Formed Lightweight Mustang Wheels - Built to Perform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
A couple exciting new finish options are now available on the site for our increasingly popular SM-10 wheels! Last year Satin Bronze took us by storm with it's stunning appearance on EC-7 wheels, so it was only fitting we rolled them out in the SM-10 design as well.

19x11" ET52 - In stock now
18x11" ET52 - Coming mid-November, available to pre-order

sm-10-mustang-bronze-19.png

sm-10-mustang-bronze-18.png

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
A couple exciting new finish options are now available on the site for our increasingly popular SM-10 wheels! Last year Satin Bronze took us by storm with it's stunning appearance on EC-7 wheels, so it was only fitting we rolled them out in the SM-10 design as well.

19x11" ET52 - In stock now
18x11" ET52 - Coming mid-November, available to pre-order

And the group buy is when?

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Gratitude is a two - way street.
I wouldn't take that last post the wrong way. Apex has been plenty grateful for the support of the TMO community over the years, based on what I've seen with their participation here in the forums. The fact that they continue to sponsor this community, they stay involved here, they gather feedback from racers here, and they continue to work with racers in this community is all evidence of that. Discounting prices isn't always feasible or practical for a business, and it certainly isn't the only way for them to show appreciation.

In today's world, there are very few organizations like Apex that actually spend time interacting with their customer bases in online forums and communities like this. It isn't always a priority for companies to do that anymore. That's something to be appreciated in itself.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Just bought a set of 18x11 wheels for another car, APEX has already shipped to my reshipper and they area arriving this week . A couple years ago I bought two sets of 18x12 custom wheels from another company for some friends..... We waited for over 8 months to get them!!! months and months of silence despite my constant stream of unanswered emails. My friends thought I had lost their $$$.

Happy to buy from Apex.

Don't hold your breath. Instead be thankful product is well priced and available :)
Considering supply chain challenges and rising costs, I personally am not offended by this statement. I just bought another set of Apex wheels and I would have liked a group buy. But, I am realistic at this point in time and was simply happy I could get them with out a six month wait.

People need to be cognizant that current supply chain issues are causing widespread avialability problems as well as price swings. Ford coyote long blocks have fluctuated $2k - $3k in price over the last eight months - when they are actually available.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
I wouldn't take that last post the wrong way.

Honestly, it's difficult to take it positively. I can completely appreciate the supply issues they're fighting. I also understand the market is relatively small and they produce a good product. Regardless, it's a shitty response which shows a general lack of respect. I'm not offended, but I do have a better understanding of how Apex regards its customers.

If they would have responded with something along these lines, "We've really struggled to produce and ship our products. The prices we are offering right now is the best we can do." I think most of us would understand and appreciate the situation. Being told to, "be thankful" for their existence does little to produce that sentiment.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I love Apex , because they are quite reasonable, are helpful on this site and are serious about getting rims built for various Mustang models and years. That said, the comment is likely taken out of context , but they could have voiced their situation better. One of the problems with the written word is it can be interpreted in a different manner by many individuals , and one can see where a gentler, more courteous comment would have been more in keeping with the way Apex has conducted business on the Forum for a very long time. Sure, this answer seems out of character and it can be overlooked considering all the past goodwill and service, but a nicer tone should have been used. They are entitled to a bad day too, and I imagine most of us will give them a pass with how frustrating life and supply chains have been due to the pandemic.

I would have been nice to just tell everyone they are struggling and juggling worker shortages , shipping shortages and price increases like everyone and group buys may not be available for an extended period.

After waiting for parts for my car for months instead of anticipated weeks , I can feel the general frustration, and Apex has stayed quite reasonable and even had some sales. Maybe not necessarily a free pass, but I don't believe the sentence was true to their past form and I am pleased they have still continued to help many on this site.

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Honestly, it's difficult to take it positively. I can completely appreciate the supply issues they're fighting. I also understand the market is relatively small and they produce a good product. Regardless, it's a shitty response which shows a general lack of respect. I'm not offended, but I do have a better understanding of how Apex regards its customers.

If they would have responded with something along these lines, "We've really struggled to produce and ship our products. The prices we are offering right now is the best we can do." I think most of us would understand and appreciate the situation. Being told to, "be thankful" for their existence does little to produce that sentiment

Looking back I can see how someone could interpret what I said the wrong way, and I agree your second paragraph is a kinder way to explain the situation. Once again the internet helps us take things the wrong way so I do apologize. Covid has caused unimaginable price increases that we are taking on the chin and not passing along to customers, so extra deep discounts (like a Group Buy) just aren't feasible at this time. We're also not in the business of marking up product a bunch just to put it back on sale.

We value TMO and its community quite highly, being a supporting vendor for many years and will continue to do so for many more to come. I'm happy to let you know we will be offering a Black Friday sale which will be the best time to save some hard-earned money on a set.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Cool response from Apex, and no surprise from those of us who have dealt with them --- 4 sets of rims over the past few years and tons of recommendations to friends and past clients with Mustang mania.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I'm happy to let you know we will be offering a Black Friday sale which will be the best time to save some hard-earned money on a set.
Damn it. A sale, are you trying to get me divorced. LOL YES, tongue in cheek.

Do I really needs a sixth set of Apex wheels. This will be my wife's question. My answer.... How was the Florida vacation I just sent you on.

I'll let you know how that one works out for me. 🤭

As mentioned above, Not the greatest response to a question from someone new to the site and unaccustomed to our "Unique" sense of humor. Had I asked the question and received the exact same response, my first reaction would have been to laugh.

TeeLow

If you can cut Apex some slack and bear with them, us. I think you will see they support us well and take our feedback and bring to market wheels (Not Rims, Bill. LOL) that fit our needs at very competitive prices. Did I buy two of my five sets during group buys, yes. Was the car and parts market on its head at the time, nope. Apex is Still the best deal for my track dollars.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
Slack and thumbs up given. I'm switching from 19" to 18" track wheels and have only looked at Apex, but they just haven't had what I need available, yet. The first response made me question whether I want to do business with them. The second seemed a lot more reasonable.

I'm not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Slack and thumbs up given. I'm switching from 19" to 18" track wheels and have only looked at Apex, but they just haven't had what I need available, yet. The first response made me question whether I want to do business with them. The second seemed a lot more reasonable.

I'm not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
What setup/fitment are you looking for? Or do you mean it hasn't been in stock yet?

TMO Supporting Vendors