Are you a car enthusiast, trapped in the body of a marketing manager? Are you wasting your days helping a faceless corporation market widgets to an 18-45 demographic with 2.3 children? Would you rather use your skills to help race cars go faster? This could be your opportunity to align your career with your passion. APEX is looking for a Head of Marketing who can bring more awareness to our automotive racing wheels. Interested? Read on.
Our Head of Marketing will be responsible for taking ownership of our marketing and brand strategy, freeing our CEO from being too involved in marketing. We need a high-level, go-to person who can run with the ball and generate well thought out and effective campaigns.
If you love bureaucracy, the comfort of committees, or need an army of staff to delegate to, then turn the page. We're entrepreneurial, we make quick decisions, and everyone wears a number of hats. We don't rely on marketing budgets the size of the national debt to launch our products. If you take pride in using creativity and resourcefulness to make lean budgets work, we'll get along just fine.
Our website is one of our most important sales and marketing tools. Our Head of Marketing's vision and strategy will directly impact this site and our ROI. Have direct experience with B2C and B2B eCommerce? Step forward.
When you love your work as much as we do, growth becomes inevitable, and we're preparing to scale up the team size dramatically. Our current in-house marketing team includes: a project manager who is extremely good at organizing the myriad of tactics and timelines that go into a successful campaign; a talented in-house photographer/videographer; and an e-commerce manager who will execute according to your directions, coordinating with our outsourced web design, development, and SEO partners. What the team needs right now is a calm, collected, and strategic brand/marketing thinker who can pull our resources together and give each of them the direction and coaching they need to succeed.
Proof that you understand the discipline of marketing is highly recommended. Ideally, that will come in the form of case studies describing your previous campaigns, with before and after numbers.
Our Head of Marketing is:
- Is a college or university graduate, preferably with a business, communications, or marketing degree.
- Has 7+ years of marketing experience, with at least 2 years in a comparable position.
- Is proficient in the strategy, planning, roll out and analysis of multimedia marketing campaigns, including social media, newsletter, content creation, traditional advertising, sponsorship, and event marketing.
- Has meaningful eCommerce experience.
- Has a deep understanding of branding, and can demonstrate their brand-building and brand renovating skills.
- Has excellent team building, collaboration, and delegation skills.
- Is adept at finding, vetting, integrating temporary third parties to fill skills gaps.
- Is skilled at developing, managing, and allocating budgets.
- Is a leader and team player instead of a lone wolf.
- Is heavily engaged in automotive culture and understands the lifestyle
Our Head of Marketing will:
- Lead, grow, and develop the existing team, help them shine, and expand the team as needed.
- Develop strategies and tactics to boost the company's reputation and cost-effectively increase the flow of qualified traffic, and hone strategies and tactics that are already producing great ROI.
- Deploy measurably successful marketing campaigns, from ideation to execution.
- Relentlessly improve our website, ensuring it does an exceptionally good job of promoting our brand and products.
- Collaborate with our CEO, head of sales, head of engineering, to ideate / plan marketing projects.
- Establish standardized campaigns and processes for releasing a never-ending flow of new products.
- Measure the results of existing organic and paid acquisition channels, and experiment with new channels.
- Manage content creation / curation (assigning blog posts, etc).
- Brief creative contractors (writers / art directors / designers / technologists) on campaigns, and ensure all campaigns are strategically sound.
- Manage current partners (such as pay-per-click campaign management) and find/vette new partners as needed.
- Manage social media strategy - collaborating with partners and teams.
- Incorporate events and publicity as part of the overall marketing plan, and work with our project manager to ensure they deliver results.
- Allocate a given budget to most effectively drive results.
Perks and Benefits:
- Full time position with competitive compensation.
- Medical and dental benefits package.
- Vacation and holiday pay.
- 401K with matching.
- Access to our full shop with lift and tools to work on your car.
- Dedicated track car available for staff to drive at HPDE events.
- Work in your underwear - occasional telecommuting supported.
- Support your track addiction with reimbursements for HDPE and autocross event registration fees.
- Eligibility for the SEMA college grant and loan forgiveness program.
- Casual dress environment where t-shirts and jeans are welcome.
- Get employee discounts and freebies on APEX products and schwag.
- Company activities, including karting, BBQ's and VR Racing.
To apply, please click the link here, and be sure to attach a copy of your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, tell us what you have done in the last couple of years to feed your car addiction.
Do NOT contact us directly by phone or in person. All applicants must apply via email to be considered.
APEX is an equal opportunity employer.
Who are we?
APEX Race Parts is a close-knit team with a burning passion for anything that can set a lap time on a race track. We've been in business since 2007 and our core competency is designing and distributing lightweight performance wheels, but we’re getting more involved in suspensions, brakes, and other accessories now as well. We wake up every day with the mission of eliminating compromise from our enthusiast customers' pursuit of maximizing vehicle performance. The value of our products, our expertise, and our great customer service make it possible for us to achieve that mission.
APEX has a tech startup vibe. Problems are solved here with a heavy emphasis on custom technology, modern tools, and innovation. The growth of our team and the maturing of our company has opened a new chapter where we expand beyond the BMW market and grow into every active enthusiast community that attends track days.