Race Proven, Street Approved
- Exp. Type
- Time Attack
- Exp. Level
- 5-10 Years
Are you passionate about performance cars? Do you spend an unhealthy amount of time on auto enthusiast forums researching modifications and discussing them with anyone willing to listen? If you’re determined to find a job that combines your career with your passion, this is your chance! This is an exciting opportunity for those who would like to jump-start a career in the motorsport industry, but don’t have the technical knowledge our Senior Product Expert positions require.
As a Jr. Product Expert, you’ll play a vital role in bridging the gap between our Sales and Customer Service teams and supporting company growth. You’ll work on the front lines in a fast-paced environment interacting with track enthusiasts and racers daily. Your objective is to decrease response times and provide world-class customer service that APEX is known for.
The majority of your interactions will be via email, car forums, and over the phone. Although you’ll take pride in your one-on-one customer interactions, real success will come from your ability to identify shortcomings of our current systems and processes and help management implement new efficient and effective solutions to improve the customer experience. You will have a front-row seat to how the company functions from the inside out, and once you’ve mastered your role you will have the opportunity to take on new challenges and roles.
Our Product Experts:
- Help customers place new orders and edit existing orders.
- Process returns, exchanges, warranties, and refunds.
- Review online orders for potential fraud or other issues prior to their release.
- Provide customers with status updates, and follow up on backorders.
- Use our CRM to track and process all customer questions and issues until they’re solved.
- Use our project management tools to stay organized and to collaborate with coworkers.
- Provide customers with detailed wheel/tire/suspension/brake fitment recommendations and product education.
- Help our knowledge survive the apocalypse by assisting our Senior Product
- Experts in documenting, organizing, and building out detailed technical guides for use in our internal and customer-facing Help Desks.
- Help transform our website into a 24/7 sales machine by continually improving educational and product content in order to reduce customer dependence on email or phone for clarification.
- Get hands-on with the community by engaging in relevant automotive forums, where you’ll answer questions, maintain our commercial threads, and post customer features and technical articles.
- Defeat trolls by keeping yourself composed and writing responses so sensible that it blows their minds.
- Represent our company and products as we introduce ourselves into new automotive communities, makes, and models.
- Be our customers’ spokesperson and represent their “pain points” as APEX selects new products to develop for the community.
- Learn to support additional products as the catalog expands.
- A truly passionate car enthusiast, whose friends would easily define them as an enthusiast.
- Broadly familiar with performance parts and proper vehicle setup from suspension and brakes to alignment. We’ll give you a Ph.D. in wheel/tire setup, but you should already have an A.A. degree in modding cars for track use.
- Track experience isn't required, but a passion and understanding of the motorsports world is a big plus.
- Known for their exceptionally high customer service skills that earns them mountains of praise and referrals.
- Passionate about writing; they’re known for creating blog posts, DIY threads, and articles, with examples to prove it.
- Articulate with extremely clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Grammar Nazis welcome.
- Already computer literate, familiar with Google Suite, MS Office, Mac OS and has experience interacting via online forums
- Equipped with marketing street smarts so that all public communication represents the brand’s standards.
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats and collaborating across departments.
- Comfortable with telecommuting and skilled at staying focused and motivated from home.
- Full-time position $35-45K DOE
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- 401k with employer matching
- Vacation and Holiday pay
- Work in your underwear - Fully remote telecommuting supported
- Support your track addiction with reimbursements for HPDE and autocross event registration fees
- Dedicated track car available for staff to drive at HPDE events
- Full access to our shop with lift and tools to work on your car
- Eligibility for the SEMA college grant and loan forgiveness program
- Casual dress environment where T-shirts, jeans, and shorts are welcome
- Get employee discounts and freebies on APEX products and shwag
- Participate in company activities including karting, track days, VR sim racing, endurance racing, and more.
How To apply
Applications must be submitted via our online form found here: https://apply.workable.com/apexraceparts/j/442892BD73/
When submitting your application, please write about the following topic in your cover letter: What is it about modifying cars that you find most interesting, and why do you want to make a career out of giving fellow enthusiasts support and advice?
Do NOT contact us directly by phone or in person. All applicants must apply via the link above to be considered. APEX is an equal opportunity employer.
Who are we?
APEX Race Parts is a close-knit team with a burning passion for anything with 4 wheels that can set a lap time on a race track. We’ve been in business since 2007 and our core competency is lightweight performance wheels. The growth of our team and the maturing of our company has opened a new chapter where we expand into every active enthusiast community that attends track days.