Want to help make race cars go faster? Would you like to have coworkers that get excited when you talk about your automotive interests, rather than sighing out of boredom? If you're determined to find a job that combines your career with your passion, then this is the opportunity for you. APEX Race Parts is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team full time.
We need you to take ownership of our main accounting functions and be the go-to person other departments can turn to. We’re currently 100% reliant on an outside agency, but our scale and complexity have made it clear that we need a dedicated in house expert. How much responsibility you take away from our agency is entirely based on your skills, experience, and drive. We can leave the advanced work to their controller and CFO. When transaction volume necessitates additional help, we want you to train and oversee someone to help you with AR/AP. Creating new and more efficient processes should excite you. Knowing that you’ll be strictly following the guidelines that you and the agency agreed to should bring you comfort, not stress.
Your other key objective is to reduce the amount of accounting, compliance, and administrative work that lands on our CEO’s desk. That means helping submit or renew corporate filings, property taxes, assisting with payroll, worker’s comp audits, and anything else you’re great at that saves our CEO time. This position will work out of our Pleasanton office with the opportunity to perform much of the work remotely.
To be successful you can’t only have basic QuickBooks for small business experience. We’re a wholesale and retail e-commerce business with inventory, all managed in the NetSuite ERP system. You’ll be applying landed costs, prepaid expenses, and following GAAP. You need to be a great problem solver as you’ll be the detective unraveling complex problems. You need to be the organized one on our team that brings everyone else up to your level, not the other way around. If you can get us all caught up, ensure everything is filed away, and you stop us from missing easily avoidable deadlines and due dates, then we’ll know you were the right hire for our team. There’s lots of room for growth as you take on more responsibilities and there’s room for you to get involved in other areas of our business’s operations as well.
Our Senior Accountant is:
- Finds pleasure working with a team of car enthusiasts.
- Has 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Has Netsuite ERP experience and has used it for AR/AP/reconciliation.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Is good at research and solving complex accounting problems.
- Is self-motivated and can stay focused when working remotely.
- Loves using the calendar and is good at managing time and meeting deadlines.
- Has experience training others and documenting processes for others to follow.
- Doesn’t have to look down at their hands to type.
- Takes detailed notes and creates their own cheat sheets.
Our Senior Accountant will:
- Reviewing your own work for completeness and accuracy.
- Developing procedures for other departments to smoothly interact with accounting.
- Creating and updating vendor and procedure cheat sheets shared with the agency.
- Researching and resolving accounting issues.
- Entering bills and expenses into Bill.com and NetSuite.
- Entering all credit card expenses.
- Organizing and collecting invoices and receipts.
- Preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and bank reconciliations.
- Depositing checks remotely and logging payments.
- Helping Maintain fixed asset records.
- Preparing schedules for audit support.
- Performing some month-end close activities.
- Processing payroll and maintaining employee time-off requests and related records in HR software.
- Adding Payroll journal entries.
- Reorganizing and maintaining all necessary paper and digital documents.
- Requesting and filing W-8’s, W-9’s, 1099’s, etc.
- Using our Project Management tool to keep track of deliverables.
- Annual corporate filings in multiple states.
- Complete misc. forms as needed by vendors and agencies.
- Being a secondary approver for wire transfers.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Full-time position with competitive pay DOE
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401k with employer matching
- Vacation and Holiday pay
- Work in your underwear - Telecommuting supported
- Support your track addiction with reimbursements for HPDE and autocross event registration fees
- Dedicated track car available for staff to drive at HPDE events
- Full access to our shop with lift and tools to work on your car
- Eligibility for the SEMA college grant and loan forgiveness program
- Casual dress environment where T-shirts, jeans, and shorts are welcome
- Get employee discounts and freebies on APEX products and shwag
- Participate in company activities including karting, track days, VR sim racing, dinners, and more.
To apply, please click the link here, and be sure to attach a copy of your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, tell us what you have done in the last couple of years to feed your car addiction.
Do NOT contact us directly by phone or in person. All applicants must apply via email to be considered.
APEX is an equal opportunity employer.
Who are we?
APEX Race Parts is a close-knit team with a burning passion for anything that can set a lap time on a race track. We've been in business since 2007 and our core competency is designing and distributing lightweight performance wheels, but we’re getting more involved in suspensions, brakes, and other accessories now as well. We wake up every day with the mission of eliminating compromise from our enthusiast customers' pursuit of maximizing vehicle performance. The value of our products, our expertise, and our great customer service make it possible for us to achieve that mission.
APEX has a tech startup vibe. Problems are solved here with a heavy emphasis on custom technology, modern tools, and innovation. The growth of our team and the maturing of our company has opened a new chapter where we expand beyond the BMW market and grow into every active enthusiast community that attends track days.