The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 07gt500 Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
PA
This is the Build Thread for 07gt500. Reply below.
Thanks I appreciate it. I was out at Pitt Race over the past weekend and I thought the clutch went out on the second to the last session on Sunday. Got it back home and tore it apart. The pilot bearing went out in turn damaged the slave cylinder/throw out bearing also and not much damage to the clutch but am putting a new clutch in also. I think am going to go with exedy clutch. Is this a good clutch for HPDE? Thanks in advance
Welcome and post whenever you make any changes --- even tires or shift knobs ( those are good for 10 hp if done in blue )

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
I think am going to go with exedy clutch. Is this a good clutch for HPDE?

Which Exedy are you considering? They make a quality clutch, but their options run the gamut from stock replacement to full race so just need to understand which one you’re looking at.

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
PA
This is what I was looking at---Exedy Mach 600 Stage 2 Cerametallic Clutch Kit with Cushion Button Disc, 8-Bolt Flywheel and Hydraulic Throwout Bearing; 26 Spline

the Exedy Hyper Single is pretty much the gold standard in clutches, unfortunately, none were available for my Gt500 when I replaced that one so I went with a Spec version of it. I've been happy with it and it has over 20K miles on it now. You will want to use the ceramic disc, but you will want one with the coil springs in the center, solid discs are really only drag only. Also, make sure the stock flywheel is compatible.. although, this might be a nice time for an aluminum wheel if one is available, I'm a fan of those.

EqKUOBul.jpg

zNCNmpWl.jpg

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
PA
the Exedy Hyper Single is pretty much the gold standard in clutches, unfortunately, none were available for my Gt500 when I replaced that one so I went with a Spec version of it. I've been happy with it and it has over 20K miles on it now. You will want to use the ceramic disc, but you will want one with the coil springs in the center, solid discs are really only drag only. Also, make sure the stock flywheel is compatible.. although, this might be a nice time for an aluminum wheel if one is available, I'm a fan of those.

View attachment 58178

View attachment 58179
Ok thanks for the information.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel