The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

#1 '13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would there be an issue registering it in the US since it was sold in CA? Or was it imported post sale?

Probably has the fog lights, if it is a true Canada car... sucks he got #1 but they won't send him the owner's kit.

I would sell it too, but I would demand an LS and a regular Boss in exchange ;D

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Should be able to register in most States in the US , but you would have no warranty coverage.

I like his idea, because after 20+ years it would bring silly money about anywhere, and no one will care if it has some miles on it -- it will be numero uno for 13 !!

I still don't have my Boss (ugh) but hearing from Kato made my day. So happy this car ended in the hands of a true fan.

CaliMR said:
Would there be an issue registering it in the US since it was sold in CA? Or was it imported post sale?

Probably has the fog lights, if it is a true Canada car... sucks he got #1 but they won't send him the owner's kit.

I would sell it too, but I would demand an LS and a regular Boss in exchange ;D

Yes it has fog lights. that is the bonus for paying 8K more for it than US customers.

Apparently, it cannot be imported to the US for 6 months as per some NAFTA regulation (according to PTRocks).

Don't know if Ford Canada is participating in the owners kit this year or not. I will not be happy if I miss out on that.

askjeffro said:
I still don't have my Boss (ugh) but hearing from Kato made my day. So happy this car ended in the hands of a true fan.

Hopefully tomorrow Jeff. You thought maybe Saturday right. I look forward to some pics.

This car was ordered because of a 1970 Grabber Blue Boss 302 that pulled up beside me at a light about 25 years ago. The awesome sound and look of that car has been stuck in my mind ever since. It was my all time favorite car until 2013.

kato64 said:
SoFlaBoss said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
Grabber Blue? Well..so much for someone wanting to buy #1 and #2 as a set!

LOL...

And here I thought #2 was most likely the 1st '13 Boss manufactured in GB. ..sorry Jeff :(

I did appreciate all the pics of your car. It gave me a very good preview of what mine would look like. We are like twins - one had to be born minutes before the other. :)

That made me laugh out loud! VERY true! You'll have to make it down to Mid-America or Woodward one of these years and we can get a "rare" picture of the twins together again!

:)

SoFlaBoss said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
Grabber Blue? Well..so much for someone wanting to buy #1 and #2 as a set!

LOL...

And here I thought #2 was most likely the 1st '13 Boss manufactured in GB. ..sorry Jeff :(

Awww...I really haven't taken much stock in the fact it's #2. To me it's like the silver medal. No one remembers who won the silver! But it's great just to be able to compete so in a sense having #2 is cool but I'm more happy I'm one of the few that owns a Boss!

I think my Boss is the first Grabber Blue Boss made without fog lights! I'm pretty sure of that! I'm off to eBay! :D

Jeff, that's funny man! LOL I think you can take pride in the fact that I believe you are first person to own a Grabber Blue 2013 BOSS. I don't recall anyone beating you to that fact at least.

Me, while it would be nice to have #1, or any number below 100, even #302 would be cool, honestly, as long as my name is listed on the title, Owner's Kit and Picture Frame, it could care less what # is it.

Congrats on the #1! Enjoy it! Remember, 99% of all the '69 and '70 BOSS 302 are Restores and Rebuilds. So drive it hard, and if you ever do sell as a collector's car, someone will restore it. That is the way I look at it...

If we can restore cars that are 40 + years old and older, then 40 years from now someone will do the same thing to these.

Enjoy them while you have the chance, you only get 1 lap at life and sometimes not even a full lap, go WIDE OPEN.

rpm3dinc said:
Jeff, that's funny man! LOL I think you can take pride in the fact that I believe you are first person to own a Grabber Blue 2013 BOSS. I don't recall anyone beating you to that fact .

True dat! I think it was the first 2013 on the road and for a few weeks they ONLY 2013 on the road. Kinda cool!

Off to update my eBay listing! :D

kato64 said:
askjeffro said:

Hopefully tomorrow Jeff. You thought maybe Saturday right. I look forward to some pics.

This car was ordered because of a 1970 Grabber Blue Boss 302 that pulled up beside me at a light about 25 years ago. The awesome sound and look of that car has been stuck in my mind ever since. It was my all time favorite car until 2013.

Where did you buy it from

canadianboss said:
kato64 said:
askjeffro said:

Where did you buy it from

Ordered at Cam Clark Ford in Airdrie, AB
Do you have one on order?

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Congrats Kato! I am amazed like last year how long it took for #1 to land somewhere. I wondered if they held it for some reason, like really inspected the heck out of it to make sure it is just right.

You seem really attached to it after 25 years of waiting and I think you would probably regret it if you sold it. Also, I thought of the same thing if I had gotten #1, to drive it and not really lose any money if you did decide to sell.

Can't wait to see more picks.

Brian

I say throw it up on ebay with a high reserve and see what happens. They are landing everywhere now and you can get another one or maybe 2 or a Boss and a GT500.......

1992chpb4c said:
I say throw it up on ebay with a high reserve and see what happens. They are landing everywhere now and you can get another one or maybe 2 or a Boss and a GT500.......

The #1 2012 sold for and equal trade of a like boss for free and a pay-off on the existing loan. Basically 2X MSRP.

You guys are assuming that the current Boss 302's will appreciate like the originals. That's not a bet I'd be willing to take for many reasons. The biggest reason is you won't have many baby boomers interested in running up the prices in 20-40 years like they have been doing and continue to do. Not to mention many other economic factors that can't be predicted. What I would bet on is that the future value of $50K will be worth more than the extra value of having the #1 2013 Boss 302 will bring in any given time period at least five years out. In other words like my grandfather used to say one in the hand is better than two in the bush. ;)

batman48195 said:
Congrats Kato! I am amazed like last year how long it took for #1 to land somewhere. I wondered if they held it for some reason, like really inspected the heck out of it to make sure it is just right.

It also had to have the foglights installed, if they didn't do that on the assembly line. Who knows how long they sit around waiting for that.

batman48195 said:

You seem really attached to it after 25 years of waiting and I think you would probably regret it if you sold it. Also, I thought of the same thing if I had gotten #1, to drive it and not really lose any money if you did decide to sell.

Can't wait to see more picks.

Brian

Thanks, Batman. You are right about regretting it if I sell. Pretty sure it is going to stay right here unless someone throws ridiculous money at me.

The pics are coming but we have a snow storm here today so the pics will have to wait for warmer weather. I really was looking forward to taking it out this weekend. Sometimes our weather is a real pain.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel