The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

1:25 lap at Hallett

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
I was at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit yesterday and ended up turning a 1:25 ;D My previous best was a 1:28. Here is a video of the lap. Camera was mounted on the driver side of the front bumper.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/EGUfbYgOFbo[/youtube]

Tulsa, OK
8)

Ha this was actually the first day at the track that I haven't been four-off at least once :eek: Still finding grass in my car from other days!

Tulsa, OK
isrboss said:
Great looking lap OP! I can't stand bumper footage!

Yeah... that was the first time I had tried filming from the bumper. The end product is pretty grainy and shaky :-[ Will probably just stick to the windshield mount going forward.

isrboss

Much better watching the dash cam. Hey have you installed a better oil pan yet?

Tulsa, OK
isrboss said:
Much better watching the dash cam. Hey have you installed a better oil pan yet?

Yep, doesn't make me quite as sick watching it from the dash lol.

No I'm still running the stock oil pan. I haven't found the need to upgrade yet and the price kind of scares me! I think the next thing to be upgraded will be the shocks/struts. I'm still on the stock GT non-adjustables.

isrboss

roadhouse said:
Yep, doesn't make me quite as sick watching it from the dash lol.

No I'm still running the stock oil pan. I haven't found the need to upgrade yet and the price kind of scares me! I think the next thing to be upgraded will be the shocks/struts. I'm still on the stock GT non-adjustables.

So is the OEM GT pan equal to the Boss OEM pan for helping lateral/oil starvation issues? I thought they did something special to the OEM Boss pan. The main reason I won't go with track rubber now is because I don't want to upgrade the pan yet. I'm pulling close to 1.2 lat.g's (recorded 1.2g right tires)in corners with street rubber now, and that worries me some.

You got those supportive seats/roll bar/harness to keep you in place, what about the oil? ;D

I only mention this because you look pretty fast out there!

Tulsa, OK
I think you're right. I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the boss pan has better internal baffling as compared to the GT. I have no idea how many Gs I'm pulling with slicks. So at what point is oil starvation considered a major concern and an upgraded oil pan necessary? I'm relatively new to this road racing thing and honestly hadn't even considered an upgraded pan...

Lol yes the oil needs a good home ;D

isrboss

roadhouse said:
I think you're right. I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the boss pan has better internal baffling as compared to the GT. I have no idea how many Gs I'm pulling with slicks. So at what point is oil starvation considered a major concern and an upgraded oil pan necessary? I'm relatively new to this road racing thing and honestly hadn't even considered an upgraded pan...

Lol yes the oil needs a good home ;D

I would upgrade the pan since you're on sticky rubber. I'm near the 1.2g with street, so you're over that ability I'm sure. If you frequent tracks with long turns with those tires I would upgrade that pan.

What camera are you using? Also, are you using any external mic? My GoPro gives too much wind noise and not enough exhaust sound even from the inside of the windshield, yours is just right.

Tulsa, OK
Edrunyon said:
What camera are you using? Also, are you using any external mic? My GoPro gives too much wind noise and not enough exhaust sound even from the inside of the windshield, yours is just right.

It's a gopro hero 2 with the skeleton case. No external mic. My car is pretty loud, too...

roadhouse said:
Several good laps from the windshield.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/qt_AIogxRfI[/youtube]

Saw you go 'round LY at Mid America...nice and smooth and quick...I find the quick way round for me is mostly 3rd and 4th gears: ....I rarely use 2nd on this track...

TMO Supporting Vendors