The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

1:25 lap at Hallett

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadhouse said:
I think you're right. I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the boss pan has better internal baffling as compared to the GT. I have no idea how many Gs I'm pulling with slicks. So at what point is oil starvation considered a major concern and an upgraded oil pan necessary? I'm relatively new to this road racing thing and honestly hadn't even considered an upgraded pan...

Lol yes the oil needs a good home ;D

unfortunately we don't really have a sense of when oil starvation is happening until it's probably too late. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a deal on a Moroso or Canton pan sometime in the near future. I don't really want to throw on any slicks until I have oil control taken care of. Sounds like installation could be a pain in the butt though

Tulsa, OK
vista6019 said:
Saw you go 'round LY at Mid America...nice and smooth and quick...I find the quick way round for me is mostly 3rd and 4th gears: ....I rarely use 2nd on this track...

Yeah I remember you being there. And at Hastings, too. One of these days we are going to actually meet each other :)

3rd and 4th will definitely be the smoothest around Hallett. I use 2nd coming out of turn 2 (the bus stop) but you have to be cautious putting the power down. I went off there during Mid America due to being a little throttle happy lol

Tulsa, OK
neema said:
unfortunately we don't really have a sense of when oil starvation is happening until it's probably too late. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a deal on a Moroso or Canton pan sometime in the near future. I don't really want to throw on any slicks until I have oil control taken care of. Sounds like installation could be a pain in the butt though

Thanks for the info Neema. Keep us posted if you change out the oil pan. And yes, installation looks like it is zero fun...

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Kick butt time in a GT --- this is a Boss wanna be guys, and he whips up on alot of the real McCoys!!! Enjoyed the bumper cam , myself, always nice to see a different view and your lines were nice.

Roadhouse, great video and great driving, very inspiring!
You should put this mojo in the video

" Be advised, the miatas no longer have a corner....on the corner"

I know I am quoting, but it fits well in this example.. ;)

Tulsa, OK
Mark- Thanks dude. Meh... I'm not too worried :)

Bill- Haha lot's of people tell me "Hey man, I really like your Boss." Or, "Your Boss is really moving out there on track." Just a Faux Boss... :)

3328- Thanks! Hahahaha I like that idea... Miatas! Miatas everywhere...

TMO Supporting Vendors