The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

10 Fastest Cars Under $50K, check out #1 and #2...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice. #2 looks sounds vaguely familiar. ;D

The Z is a very fun car, imo more fun for mountain roads because it is very tossable and feels even lighter than it is (and is narrower, or at least feels like it, which can be an issue some places). I almost bought one, but I had to lean the seat way too far back for my fat head to fit. Though the Boss is by far my first choice all things considered and I have not looked back.

I checked out the Superbee a couple days ago shopping for SUVs for my sister, and I think it looks cool but the interior is just not up to the price. It would be great for really, really fat guys since the seats are huge. I am a plus size guy myself, and I had space around me so I was not even touching the bolsters.

The Challenger sucked hard, my gf really wanted me to get the SRT8 but it was so bad I didn't even test drive it. I sat in the passenger seat and she drove it and I could tell by the time we left the parking lot it was a wallowy pig.

Camaro is like a slightly nimbler Challenger but in a station wagon's body.

Checked out the Infinity a month ago with my sister before she decided on an SUV, I didn't like it at all.

The STI would be a decent DD, they are understeering pigs on the track. (Even without the bias of having an older Evo, the new Evo handles like it is on rails but is a snooze fest)

Chrysler 300 SRT8 I just hate how it looks, never checked one out, and the Genesis I hate the looks too but have heard good things as far as a GT type car.

GT500 is a lot of fun, the new one will be a little over 50k but will be a beast I'm sure.

So yeah, Boss all the way ;D

3 for the price of a good porsche ;D

Before I got the Boss, my bro and I were talking to our friend about buying one of his GT3RSes off him (he has 2 normal 997 and a 4.0) but we decided that even at the friend price maintenance would be too expensive since we would be tracking it.

CaliMR said:
3 for the price of a good porsche ;D

Before I got the Boss, my bro and I were talking to our friend about buying one of his GT3RSes off him (he has 2 normal 997 and a 4.0) but we decided that even at the friend price maintenance would be too expensive since we would be tracking it.
That's a great point and another reason I track Mustangs. Parts are plentiful and relatively cheap!

I'm used to $10 rotors and $30 oil changes, it is all relative. Our friend had one of his GT3RSes set up for the track, extra wheels (both sets have the Cup tires) and 4 pt and some other goodies, and he has it fully serviced between track days, but for him it is relatively affordable. He said the GT was expensive because of the rotors which don't survive track days. Once he gets good enough, he wants a full on Cup car and will just trailer it. The Boss is expensive enough for me.

A friend of mine has a lighting fast 911 GT3 Cup race car. Cost:$210,000 (he picked it up used for $145,000 with fresh engine). Engine life: 40 hours. Cost of engine rebuild: $20,000.

I will definitely buy one (after I hit the Powerball). The air jacks are SO cool!

PeteInCT said:
Hmmmm, I wonder what place the LS would have come in ? ;D

Easy: 1.8. It's slightly lighter than the "regular" Boss so that would give it a slightly better HP/Weight ratio. That's all they were basing these ratings on.

TMO Supporting Vendors