The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

10 years down the road-2012 Boss vs. 2013 Boss

Poll: After 10 years, normal depreciation should makes these vehicles equal in value-which year will

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would not hold your breath on these being any real value in the future ford is not out to make us money these may be the one that was ok if they make something that blows them away and then these will be just like the fox bodies remember those? How much are they worth?

If they really drop 400 lbs and go DI on the Coyote, our cars will be left in the dust (assuming the suspension set up is sporty - you never know). Even without the DI, just with the weight reduction and retaining the 420 hp. Especially on real world roads, if they ad the IRS from the spy shots and set it up well.

The Boss is special more in that they did it after all these years and they put as close to a "racing" motor in it as anyone does in a street car (wish we had the tranny), but I doubt the name will hold much value with the younger kids. So it will likely just be us trying to buy back the cars we sold to punk kids that destroyed a bunch in the future :D

I use to ponder about the same thing when I got my 2004 Comp Orange Cobra. When the BOSS came along it was a no brainer. I dout I look back with regret for selling it. Technology is so different now.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ORANGE CRUSH said:
I use to ponder about the same thing when I got my 2004 Comp Orange Cobra. When the BOSS came along it was a no brainer. I dout I look back with regret for selling it. Technology is so different now.
I remember back in 04 looking at a 04 comp orange cobra wanting it so bad....glad I waited. I am sure 5-6 years from now my car will be a wimp compared to whats out then

Justin

I need to stop driving the car everyday as it makes me numb to its power so I start looking for things to bolt on lol. Just have to get around to fixing my beater ride. I got it narrowed down to "no clue" lol

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Stop ripping out spark plug wires and beating your fist on the dash while screaming 'START YOU FILTHY $#%@!' might be a good start? ;D ;D ;D

You could just cry uncle and take it to a garage...? I know you've been through a lot with this beater, maybe a fresh set of eyes on the problem would help?

CaliMR said:
So it will likely just be us trying to buy back the cars we sold to punk kids that destroyed a bunch in the future :D

I think you just nailed it. But mine will still be mine, or my kids', with a shiznit ton of miles on it. Maybe they will sell it to you, but I wont :D

Justin

ace72ace said:
Stop ripping out spark plug wires and beating your fist on the dash while screaming 'START YOU FILTHY $#%@!' might be a good start? ;D ;D ;D

You could just cry uncle and take it to a garage...? I know you've been through a lot with this beater, maybe a fresh set of eyes on the problem would help?
the insurance people are coming over this week to cut me a check for the damage to it back in May. I could fix it with that money.....nah slicks sound better to me lol

I think the cars that are out now will not be collectible like the cars of the past. Unfortunately, I think Barrett Jackson in 2050 will be filled with restored Subaru Wrx's and Honda civic Si's. If you look at what drives the collector market its cars that every teenager wanted but could not afford back in the day. I don't see a ton of teens clamoring for Boss 302's. They are a niche market. You ask most 19yo kids what they want, a specd out Wrx STi or a boss 302, I bet you its two to one in favor of the Subaru. Sad but true.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel