The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

$1000 What Next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Now the next question is if I buy used tires (staggered) from a place like Rehagen Racing and they came off of a square setup car, will it cause me problems mis-matching them? Different wear patterns.

So if I ran 275's up front and 285's in the rear would it cause me problems on the track. Rehagen Racing is telling me the rears (285's) are 1/4' shorter than the 275's.

I believe others have run much more than a 1/4" difference front to rear with no problems on street or track. At some point the traction control should panick, but it must be able to compensate/learn for small differences. It wouldn't be hard to code the ABS controls to learn like that. But who knows. They didn't write acceptable, IMO, code for the Focus DCT...

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
WinterSucks said:
At some point the traction control should panick

Oh I highly recomend turning advance trac all the way off. When I went to NT01's and left it on it would flash "Service Advancetrac" and put the car into limp mode and had to have the dealer clear the codes. It doesn't like the sticky tires!

Well I believe I have the tire questions all answered.

I spoke to Rehagen Racing and Hoosier who both said I can run the same size tires in all 4 corners even though I have different size rims (width. 9.5 and 10.5).

So my thoughts are I will go with 275's all the way around and see what/how the car handles. If anyone has other ideas or is opposed to this idea/theory please let me know.

Looking to order early next week.

TMO Supporting Vendors