The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

#1024 has arrived. LS gauge pack installed

Just brought home 1024- Orange/Black with Recaro package... and all important winter oil pan heater (apparently the dealer here in MN orders all cars with that). I was able to order without the cover/mats and put that money to good use for a LS gauge pack. 5 hours later- Installed! Looks great- instructions not very complete so had to research a few things as I went along. Now just waiting for the dealer to get their Track Key program from Ford.
 
I would love to get the LS gauges on the dash. Where did you order them from? I asked my dealer and they said I couldn't order them for the standard Boss because the wiring harness was different.
 

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
65venom said:
I would love to get the LS gauges on the dash. Where did you order them from? I asked my dealer and they said I couldn't order them for the standard Boss because the wiring harness was different.

+1 on where/cost.
 
Are any of you taking photos of your LS gauge pack installs? If so can you please post them?
 
I purchased the kit from CJ Pony Parts- $998 shipped and they had it in stock. My dealer wanted $1259 + tax + 2-3 weeks. It took some time- the installation manual that came with it is just so so. I had the dealer print off a couple exploded images of my dash so that I did not pull to hard in the wrong place. If I can figure out how to link a few pictures I will. I'll also create a list of do's and don'ts from my installation if anyone is interested and plans to attempt it. There are a couple things that you could easily screw up and it does involve soldering some tiny wires (to do the job right) and working in tight quarters. That said- it looks perfect and works perfectly. Best addition I think I could have made.
 
M81b said:
I purchased the kit from CJ Pony Parts- $998 shipped and they had it in stock. My dealer wanted $1259 + tax + 2-3 weeks. It took some time- the installation manual that came with it is just so so. I had the dealer print off a couple exploded images of my dash so that I did not pull to hard in the wrong place. If I can figure out how to link a few pictures I will. I'll also create a list of do's and don'ts from my installation if anyone is interested and plans to attempt it. There are a couple things that you could easily screw up and it does involve soldering some tiny wires (to do the job right) and working in tight quarters. That said- it looks perfect and works perfectly. Best addition I think I could have made.
Thanks, I'm sure many members will appreciate your photos and tips.
 
65venom said:
I would love to get the LS gauges on the dash. Where did you order them from? I asked my dealer and they said I couldn't order them for the standard Boss because the wiring harness was different.

You have to splice into the wire harness connected to the instrument cluster and run a line to a new oil pressure sending unit that also comes with the kit. This is probably not a install that many, if any, dealers have done before.
 
M81b said:
65venom said:
I would love to get the LS gauges on the dash. Where did you order them from? I asked my dealer and they said I couldn't order them for the standard Boss because the wiring harness was different.

You have to splice into the wire harness connected to the instrument cluster and run a line to a new oil pressure sending unit that also comes with the kit. This is probably not a install that many, if any, dealers have done before.
Where does the oil pressure sending unit get installed? Do you have to tap the location or does it use an existing sensor location?
 
cloud9 said:
M81b said:
65venom said:
I would love to get the LS gauges on the dash. Where did you order them from? I asked my dealer and they said I couldn't order them for the standard Boss because the wiring harness was different.

You have to splice into the wire harness connected to the instrument cluster and run a line to a new oil pressure sending unit that also comes with the kit. This is probably not a install that many, if any, dealers have done before.
Where does the oil pressure sending unit get installed? Do you have to tap the location or does it use an existing sensor location?
Same location as the old one. It is a pretty tight space to work in, but I did it from the topside of the engine. I suspect the original sensor is just on/off and the replacement actually measures pressure. I'll post a couple pictures when I can link them to this forum.
 
548
0
M81b said:
Just brought home 1024- Orange/Black with Recaro package... and all important winter oil pan heater (apparently the dealer here in MN orders all cars with that). I was able to order without the cover/mats and put that money to good use for a LS gauge pack. 5 hours later- Installed! Looks great- instructions not very complete so had to research a few things as I went along. Now just waiting for the dealer to get their Track Key program from Ford.
Welcome from a fellow MN Boss owner...am assuming you're up north? I'm in Red Wing. Still haven't seen another Boss yet in these parts.
 
Just west of twin cities. One of those GT3's belongs to my neighbor- brand new white 2011. He does go to BIR regularly. I'm actually really looking forward to the Track Attack as my 1st track experience. I spoke to them the other day- looks like this year might be too booked up for me to go. Confirmed my 13 year old son can join me as a non-driver for $100. He's about as excited as you would imagine for a 13 year old car nut like me.
 
M81b said:
Just west of twin cities. One of those GT3's belongs to my neighbor- brand new white 2011. He does go to BIR regularly. I'm actually really looking forward to the Track Attack as my 1st track experience. I spoke to them the other day- looks like this year might be too booked up for me to go. Confirmed my 13 year old son can join me as a non-driver for $100. He's about as excited as you would imagine for a 13 year old car nut like me.
Does your neighbor have a son in his early 20s driving a Cayman S? There is a father/son combo that I've driven with the last two events. Dad has a white GT3 and son a silver Cayman S. It's been a lot of fun....the GT3 and Boss have gone toe to toe with each other coming out winners in different sessions. His son has driven the GT3 a couple times as well, but we ended up on different parts of the track. Really nice people.
 
M81b said:
Just west of twin cities. One of those GT3's belongs to my neighbor- brand new white 2011. He does go to BIR regularly. I'm actually really looking forward to the Track Attack as my 1st track experience. I spoke to them the other day- looks like this year might be too booked up for me to go. Confirmed my 13 year old son can join me as a non-driver for $100. He's about as excited as you would imagine for a 13 year old car nut like me.

Yeah...all the dates for this year look to be full. But I guess that works out for me seeing as I don't really have the money to get out there currently anyways. So hopefully I can get in next year or whenever they do it next. Not that I plan on tracking my car...but it would be a very fun experience I am sure.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top