The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

#1034 is Home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picked up #1034 Monday night. Love it! Exceeded expectations!

As delivered
MyBossDelivery6.png

My first view
100_5377.png

Finally Home
100_5401.png
100_5409.png
100_5413.png
100_5383.png

Big Brother meets Little Brother
100_5386.png
100_5391.png

This thing is a blast to drive and I haven't driven that hard yet.
Really pulls strong. ;D
The color is great and does change color under different light conditions.
You see yellow, orange, gold. Seats are great and hold you in place well.
I was playing with the steering a little. Car feels like your in a slot car or that your on rails.
No body roll, but I wasn't going that fast. Its a little quite for my taste, so disks come out this weekend.

Mike

Mike it looks great. Did you do the first detail yourself or did the dealer do it? I'm debating on doing it myself and just let the dealer do the PDI. My office is just a few miles from the dealer so I can get over there pretty quickly and grab it if it's a week day.

The dealer just rinsed it off. Drove it home sitting on the plastic on the seats.
I still have some plastic to peal off the dash. Days are too short. I will be doing a proper detail this weekend.
(Along with pulling the disks.) I have driven it to work since I got it (Ha, 2-days) I have had to work thru lunch
both days so the guys I work with told me they feel ripped off since they didn't get a show and tell at lunch. :)
The weather has been perfect also, bright sun. I'm really liking this color choice.

Hey congrats on hitting 5P, now just need a speedy train. Like everybody says
"Its worth the wait" they are right.

Mike

Mike,

She looks unbelievable! I too went with the Yellow Blaze for the extra money and can't wait for mine to be built. Every photo I see of the Boss looks great and I even catch myself from time to time driving by a local Ford dealer to see the color on a Fiesta just so I can really see what it looks like. ;D

Congrats on your car and enjoy!

Congrats! Looks awesome! I love the pic of the 2 Bosses next to each other! Interestingly enough, I picked mine up last week and plan on detailing it and pulling the disks this weekend as well.

suprmn said:
Mike,

She looks unbelievable! I too went with the Yellow Blaze for the extra money and can't wait for mine to be built. Every photo I see of the Boss looks great and I even catch myself from time to time driving by a local Ford dealer to see the color on a Fiesta just so I can really see what it looks like. ;D

Congrats on your car and enjoy!

Thanks, that is too funny. I did the same thing at local dealer on a Fiesta to. I drove by at different times of day and different lighting conditions. I do think it really needs the black to really set it off. I was not that crazy about this color at first, but I only saw it on a car that was completely YB. I am very happy with the color choice now!

Mike

Very nice! Super sharp...and the shot of the classic next to the new one is breathtaking(wish I had one of those). Enjoy!!! :)

5 DOT 0 said:
Mike it looks great. Did you do the first detail yourself or did the dealer do it? I'm debating on doing it myself and just let the dealer do the PDI.

My father always said "if you want something done right, do it yourself" it is a Boss not a SUV. Since it came from a winter wonderland I had the dealer wash the outside off but that was it.

2012Boss said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Mike it looks great. Did you do the first detail yourself or did the dealer do it? I'm debating on doing it myself and just let the dealer do the PDI.

My father always said "if you want something done right, do it yourself" it is a Boss not a SUV. Since it came from a winter wonderland I had the dealer wash the outside off but that was it.
Ditto! I did everything myself! I would've done the PDI if the'd have let me. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors