The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

103db at Laguna Seca

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
So CA
I really haven't measured my PP2 Track mode exhaust levels, but is this still within limits? Really not interested in re-routing my exhaust at this time for MRLS. Thoughts?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SF Bay Area
I'm assuming you have factory active exhaust? If so, you can set exhaust mode irrespective of drive mode. If you don't have active exhaust, then track mode shouldn't make a difference in exhaust note.

I have yet to hit up Laguna, but I've run Thunderhill in all configurations in track mode with track mode exhaust setting and have never been flagged for 103db limit from SpeedSF or Ongrid organizers.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
So CA
I'm assuming you have factory active exhaust? If so, you can set exhaust mode irrespective of drive mode. If you don't have active exhaust, then track mode shouldn't make a difference in exhaust note.

I have yet to hit up Laguna, but I've run Thunderhill in all configurations in track mode with track mode exhaust setting and have never been flagged for 103db limit from SpeedSF or Ongrid organizers.

I have the Borla catback still with active exhaust, will measure db’s soon at Willow Springs on diff modes.

Most groups don't enforce sound at Thunderhill except the SCCA. I had run there multiple times and had no problem with my Corvette until I went to SCCA drivers school where I pegged the sound meter at the beginning of the straight. I had a hell of a time as I wasn't prepared to rework exhaust. In the end I had Supertrap mufflers bolted to exit of Flowmaster mufflers and still couldn't make sound at Laguna Seca.

TMO Supporting Vendors