The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

10R80 ATF recommendations for HPDE??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
New Castle, Indiana
New to the Forum, which was recommended by an established member at Putnam Motorsports Park on Father's Day, Thanks David! I need to replace the fluid in my '18 10R80 GT PP. I've got about 13K on the car and 5 track days on the OEM fluid and it is shot. I see Redline and Royal Purple Max ATF discussed on another site, but they aren't weekend track warriors. I drive the car very little on the street, can someone recommend a fluid that stands up well to track day abuse?

Appreciate the help!

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Can you help this fellow out @flyhalf?

Flyhalf has a ton of experience with this trans on a road course.
New to the Forum, which was recommended by an established member at Putnam Motorsports Park on Father's Day, Thanks David! I need to replace the fluid in my '18 10R80 GT PP. I've got about 13K on the car and 5 track days on the OEM fluid and it is shot. I see Redline and Royal Purple Max ATF discussed on another site, but they aren't weekend track warriors. I drive the car very little on the street, can someone recommend a fluid that stands up well to track day abuse?

Appreciate the help!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
New Castle, Indiana
Use OEM FLUID.
our has a ultra low viscosity
Compare to many which are low viscosity.
I reccomend change trans fluid every 4 events.
And never ever pass 230f in temps otherwise you risk your tranny.

Hope this help

flyhalf

Could you also tell me about running the Sparco Alpha's in your '18. Do you have a contact airway light on the dash or did you remedy that so how when you swapped out your OEM seats?

TMO Supporting Vendors