The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

11-14 Recaro seat skins same as 15-17?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys,

A cursory glance at the different year recaro seats look like the skins might be interchangeable. Can anyone confirm this? I am considering swapping to leather skins on my Boss, and there seem to be plenty of 15+ leather skins on ebay but not many for older years.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
If they fit, the main issue is that the 15+ covers will have a hole for the seat belt guide.

I'd look for a set of GT500 covers or have a custom set made instead. At one point I wanted to, until I drove a friend's car and slid all over the place.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I have both of the seats of the second coming of the Boss and they are both cloth. I just can't see running the cars in leather unless you use it strictly for cruzin'. I bought the recaros second hand and love them except now when I get it in the car, it smells like someone's been smoking in the car. I didn't notice it at first but after the car sits and you open up the door, you can smell it. When I bought the seats I was so excited to get them, I never bothered to ask about this. As an ex-smoker myself, I can live with it but buyer beware.

Good points everyone. Yeah the cloth grabs which is great for tracking but not so great for keeping my work shirts rinkle less or from pulling my tucked in shirt tail out. I figured leather would be better sliding in and out with still enough bolstering to enjoy a mountain road. Thoughts?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel