The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

12.2 @ 116- Tulsa Raceway Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
I've only had my car down the 1320 twice (or any car for that matter) and I managed a 12.2 @ 116 with a 1.9 60 ft on my second try. Mods are same as in my sig, minus e85. I was on a set of 26 inch worn out drag radials and didn't properly heat them up. I have a set of 15x8 racestars on 275/60/15 Hoosier DRs that I'll put to use in the coming months. Shooting for mid 11s. Drag racing keeps me somewhat entertained when I'm not open tracking :)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/eQRa5Fn7Nto[/youtube]

Right on! It's so fun. I drag my charger. My local 1/4 mile (fontana) got shutdown last feb though...may reopen. Still have th 1/8 mile at barona near by though.

Shifts sounded solid. 12.2 stock block NA is respectable. Get that launch down to 1.6ish and you'll be in the 11s for sure.

Tulsa, OK
I was skeptical but it's way more fun than I thought it would be! Most of the mustang guys I hang around with are into drag racing. So much adrenaline pumps through your body when you get in front of the tree. Always a good time. I'm hoping tires and some seat time will get that 60 ft time down.

That's unfortunate about fontana. Our track almost closed last year but luckily was saved by a new sponsor. What year charger? Times?

Roadhouse said:
I was skeptical but it's way more fun than I thought it would be! Most of the mustang guys I hang around with are into drag racing. So much adrenaline pumps through your body when you get in front of the tree. Always a good time. I'm hoping tires and some seat time will get that 60 ft time down.

That's unfortunate about fontana. Our track almost closed last year but luckily was saved by a new sponsor. What year charger? Times?

It's a 2009 r/twith a Magnuson supercharger.
Best to date is 11.79 @ 114 with a 1.6x 60.
My latest tune and performance transmission controller should shave another tenth or two.

TMO Supporting Vendors